Basic FAmSCo activity
FAmSCo held 4 meetings in March. Attendance was as follows:
- 4 out of 4 -- Joerg, Susmit, David
- 3 out of 4 -- Max
- 2 out of 4 -- Luca, Rodrigo
- 1 out of 4 -- Maria
So far this year, FAmSCo has held 10 meetings. Overall attendance has been:
- 10 out of 10 -- Joerg, Susmit
- 9 out of 10 -- David
- 8 out of 10 -- Max
- 7 out of 10 -- Rodrigo, Maria, Luca
One of FAmSCo's goals this year is to make sure that at least one FAmSCo member is at each regional meeting that is held.
As of the time this report was prepared, 6 regional meetings held in March had been logged.
- NA -- 2 meetings, 1 attended by Max.
- EMEA -- 3 meeting, with Joerg and Max each attending 2.
- APAC -- Looks like only 1 meeting, with no FAmSCo members in attendance.
- LATAM -- Nothing logged on the Ambassadors meetings page.
FAmSCo mailing list
FAmSco's mailing list received FIXME messages this month:
General accomplishments or decisions
- Fallback Dispute Policy for Mentors - published
- Ambassadors Project Structure - published
FY11 Q1 budget
Based on the Community Architecture expenses, FAmSCo has about $25,000 USD to spend across the world for regional Fedora support from March 2010 - May 2010.
EMEA -- target amount is $7k USD.
- $930 -- USB keys
- $815 -- Chemnitzer Linuxtage 2010
- $680 -- Open Source Days
- $500 -- Support for Libre Graphics Meeting
- $65 -- Christoph Wickert reimbursement
NA -- target amount is $7k USD.
- $730 -- Stickers
- $500 -- Texas LinuxFest 2010 sponsorship
- $325 -- Canada event box
- $125 -- Shipping
LATAM -- target amount is $6k USD.
- $1,305 -- Support for FLISOL
- $195 -- Swag for Mexico
India/APAC -- target amount is $5k USD.
- $480 -- Support for BASIS
|New tickets||Still under mentoring||Sponsored||Rejected||Month|
|75||32||7||84||March 2010 --Jsimon 10:00, 1 April 2010 (UTC)|
|66||10||10||75||February 2010 --Jsimon 14:32, 1 March 2010 (UTC)|
|50||28||9||57||January 2010 -- Joerg 15:45, 30 January 2010 (UTC)|
|63||5||10||56||December 2009 -- Joerg 11:35, 30 January 2010 (UTC)|
|Orange County Schools Career Fair||Rob Freudenberg|
|Package Management in Fedora||Adam Miller||Sam Houston State University|||
|SXSW Interactive 2010 / Barcamp Austin (13th)||Diana Martin||  |
|EdTechDay 2010||Charles Profitt||EdTechDay at Ithaca|
|FOSE||Paul Frields||FOSE||Paul was unable to attend due to business travel, but people on the ground distributed Fedora media.|
- Marketing FAD occurred in March - A number of action items came from this which directly affect the Ambassadors project.
- Brasil, Uruguay, Peru, Venezuela, Mexico and Argentina are getting ready to be at FLISoL this year.
- Some badges were produced for this event in Venezuela.
- In Latam, Linux events start in April, so we are preparing ourselves for this.
- Chile will have a FUDCon this year (We already know that all our ambassadors are OK after the earthquake. I guess we will have a few weeks before we start working on this.)
- We had one meeting with ambassadors from Chile to set the FUDCon date and the date was fixed with the Universidad Central at 15-17 July.
- Mexico is producing some wonderful marketing material (cheat cube).
- Nicaragua continues on the Free Media project (we need some sponsorship in here).
- Perú, Venezuela, Panamá and Rep. Dominicana has some new ambassadors.
- A lot of new packages and projects were added to RPMDEV. See http://rpmdev.proyectofedora.org
- We will have 2 new meetings this week to guide new contributors.
|Open Source Days Copenhagen||RobertScheck||Open Source Days Copenhagen|||
|CLT||JoergSimon||Chemnitzer_Linuxtage_2010||,,,, , |
|Solution Linux Paris||ArmelKermovant||Open Solution Linux 2010||-||-|
|Open Expo 2010||FabianAffolter||Open Expo Bern 2010||||-|
|Open Fest Athen||Kostas Antonakoglou||Open Fest 2010||, , ||-|
- Nothing significant.
|BASIS SoftExpo 2010||Mahay Alam Khan||BASIS SoftExpo 2010||Report|
|Asian University (Dhaka) Fedora 12 Release Party||Mahay Alam Khan||-||Report||Great effort though a bit late for release party|
|GNUnify 2010||fedora-india||http://gnunify.in||Shreyank, Kushal, Susmit|