|Line 51:||Line 51:|
Revision as of 02:23, 26 June 2012
Caius 'kaio' Chance
|Caius C. Chance|
|IRC channels:||#fedora-ambassadors, #fedora-apac, #fedora-zh|
My name is Caius Chance. I am a Fedoran.
- Tertiary qualification in software engineering & small business management.
- Professional certification as RHCE, CCNA, MCSE, CSM.
- Multilingual in English (Fluent), Chinese (Fluent), Cantonese (Native) and Japanese (basic reading).
- (TBA = Tell By Asking :)
- Installed Red Hat Linux 6.1 in 1999 and different distros along years.
- Fedora user (full-time) since Fedora Core 5, 2006.
- Fedora internationalization (I18N) team, developer. (2006 - 2010)
- Fedora localization (L10N) team, traditional Chinese language coordinator. (since 2009)
- Fedora ambassadors team, ambassador. (since 2009)
- Fedora ambassadors team, mentor. (since 2010)
- Fedora ambassadors team, FAmSCo member. (2011 - 2012)
- Fedora Chinese community, activist. (since 2006)
I joined Ambassadors team as ambassador in 2009, and became a mentor in 2010. I was elected as ambassadors steering committee (FAmSCo) member in 2011 and 2012. Belows are the ambassadors I am mentoring (in FAS ID alphanumerical order):
Plans in 2012
When I wrote this as my 2012 plan, the year has 5 of 12 passed:
Finished in Jan - May 2012
- Performed the FAmSCo role.
- Mentored new ambassadors.
- Co-organized user meetup in Hong Kong.
- Attended FUDCon APAC 2012 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Co-established Chinese community page on Facebook & Google+.
Planned for Jun - Dec 2012
- Develop on input method software.
- Research on embedded systems (BeagleBoard x Android).
- Self-develop on web design & small business IT solutions.
- Facilitate growth of Chinese & APAC FOSS community.
- Attend more fedora & FOSS events.