- 1 Fedora Marketing Activity Days 2010
Fedora Marketing Activity Days 2010
DRAFT Version 0.1
The mktg-FAD 2010 is an event intended to plan the marketing' activities in 2010 and to have some fun together.
Not sure how many days are needed.
- Hawaii (it never hurts to dream)
- Coast cities make for less plane-hopping, although other cities have direct flights as well.
- Portland (an open-source friendly city!)
- Phoenix/Tempe, AZ: Europeans can take a nice direct flight from LHR to PHX which makes for GREAT sleeping time! Also where Ryan Rix and Robyn Bergeron live, more or less.
- Las Vegas, NV: Cheap rooms! Cheap food! Conference space abounds! Also, engineering marvels like the Hoover Dam, and natural wonders like Zion National Park, are nearby for sightseeing purposes, in case your eyes just couldn't get enough in Vegas.
Ride Sharing / Car Pooling
Please fill in your details .
|#|| FAS Name &
|1||Mel Chua||yes||yes||day, time||after end||Boston, MA (...mostly)|
|2||Henrik Heigl||yes||yes||day, time||day, time||Germany|
|3||Ryan Rix||yes||yes||day, time||day, time||Phoenix, AZ|
|4||robyn bergeron||yes||yes||day, time||day, time||Flagstaff, AZ|
|6||Kara Schiltz||yes||???||???||???||Raleigh, NC|
|7||Pascal Calarco||no||no||remote||remote||South Bend, IN|
|8||Paul W. Frields||yes||yes||day, time||day, time||Fredericksburg, VA|
|9||John Poelstra||??||??||??||??|| Portland, OR ; interested--|
like idea of western states!
|10||Rahul Sundaram||Yes||Yes||??||??||Anywhere in US is probably a 20 hour flight. So make it useful is all I can say!|
|11||Ben Williams||YES||Yes||??||??||Blacksburg, VA tenative|
|12||Russell Harrison||no||Yes||??||??||Raleigh, NC tenative|
For blogs, signatures and the like: buttons! -> later work for artwork ;-)
Other Things we need
- place to sleep
- place for work
The list below is just the collection of items we will discuss about and does not say anything about the time or order they're discussed about.
- F12 - what did we do there
- F13 - how far we are
- Start of release cycle
- Start of release cycle
- upcoming releases
- build up an press and picture archive
- everything else
=> goal: have a big picture of a possible marketing plan we could use during Fedora cycles.
- How about something like a conference-Package, T-Shirt or basecap or some other kind of "reminder" of that event? ... maybe there are some RH Backpacks (max carring around some nice ones ;-) ) or other bags laying around in some office with some cool nice tiny black notebooks and some pens with laserpointer or so in it <- makes a nice package ?!
- make some pictures for the picturebook (photoshooting -> theme)
depends on where we are (e.g. springbreak, bikeweek, etc.)
- how to write press releases
- overview over PR in Opensource (talk from Henrik Heigl ).
- Fedora Handbook - Rahul Sundaram
- fun part
- How many days do we have for work?
- some leisure day? ideas for the fun parts...
Here is a Place where anybody can place the media from the Event (Blogentrys, press texts, flickr Photostream, etc.). If your BlogEntry or Photo is missing here, please add it.