There are a lot of Fedora developers, users, friends and enthusiastic people all over the world. Here you are a list of Social Network links where you can find who we are and what we do.
- Target | Fedora Project on Facebook, | Fedora Project on Google+, | @fedora on Twitter, and | Fedora Project on identi.ca
- Leave other services and more specific pages (e.g., the Flickr group, @fedora_gr-the Fedora Greece Twitter) to those who maintain them now
- Expand the microblogging strategy to apply to other social media.
- Pay for four HootSuite Pro users ($30/month): One each in NA east coast, NA west coast, Europe, Asia
- If in time we find we need more, we would consider adding more to the team
- User management and multiple users access to posting from multiple accounts in one easy place
- Auto scheduling, which will attempt to determine optimum time within the day for a message
- Bulk upload (you can create a list of scheduled posts in a csv and upload it all at once rather than entering them individually)
- Not an open solution (but most of the services we're posting to aren't open either)
Price $10/month for 2 users, $10 for each additional user
Follower strategy notes
- @fedora_linux moved to @fedora on Twitter in 2010 but still has more followers. People tend to follow back (and may have missed the move altogether). We should start following @fedora_linux followers from @fedora, though in small numbers, as Twitter will block accounts that follow too many at once.
- Facebook Pages are becoming less useful to the organizations that use them due to their new Promoted Posts feature. Fewer eyes are seeing posts. That doesn't mean we should ignore FB, but it's worth noting.
- What do we do about password management? For example, if an account is managed by only one person at this time, and that person leaves Fedora, we'll have an orphaned social media community.
- What's the current state of posting to identi.ca from HS? This may have to be more manual as well.
- What's the state of Identigator and do we want to use it? (Is it currently in use?)
- Who owns | Fedora Project on identi.ca?
- Social media was briefly discussed at the Marketing FAD 2010. complete logs are available (start at 14:10:39). For a shorter recap, see this video of Neville Cross, Ryan Rix, and Paul Frields explaining the discussion and a diagram of the whiteboard (photo by Henrik Heigl).
- Use identi.ca primarily and have that mirrored to Twitter: -- Perhaps using Identigator
- Come up with something more FLOSSy than HootSuite that actually works with Identi.ca (see above suggestion)
- Verified accounts
- Twitter accounts we care about are listed. ??
- Automated (get eyeballs)
- Manual (for calls to action)
- push content vs conversations (keeps us authentic)
- QA and accountability (for quality of content)
- Aggregate #fedora, #fudcon, etc. tweets -- Identigator maybe ??