Objective: Websites & Apps Community Revamp
This objective will be an initiative to revamp several community outreach teams within Fedora that are struggling to function, or need more support to truly become a success. The objective will bring together Ambassadors, Ambassador Emeritus, Join SIG, and Advocates all under the same umbrella of CommOps in a clear and cohesive structure.
Deliverables & Outcomes
The desired outcome for the Community Outreach Revamp is for Fedora’s outreach teams to be functioning successfully. The teams should be reinvigorated, understand their different roles clearly, and have all the tools to effectively outreach. Another desired outcome for this revamp is to rebuild contributor fulfillment in various ways.
- Completion of Role Handbooks for CommOps, Join SIG, Advocate, Ambassador, Ambassador Emeritus. Timeline: February 2021 - June 2021
- Formalized and documented process for reps to Mindshare. Timeline: February 2021 - June 2021
- Execution and analysis of Community Outreach survey. Timeline: December 2020 - January 2021
- Execution and documentation of Mindshare Team Interviews Timeline: July 2020 - February 2021
- Branding for CommOps team/subteams. Timeline: April 2021 - September 2021
- Draft and execution of Marketing plan. Timeline: June 2021 - December 2021
- Translations of Role Handbooks into 5-8 key languages. Timeline: June 2021 - December 2021
- Community health survey for future use (periodically, every year). Timeline: September 2021 - December 2021
- Update and add to CommOps docs page to make it a complete indexed set of resources for each team under the CommOps umbrella. Timeline: June 2021-September 2021
- Informal polls to be developed and implemented (by the Revamp team at first and later by other teams) to measure awareness. Timeline: September 2021 - December 2021
- The Ambassador team is full of active contributors who know what to do and how to do it.
- The process for how to organize events and request swag is well known to all Ambassadors, and those within the larger CommOps umbrella.
- Members from CommOps & subteams are practicing new/updated forms of organized community outreach.
- Clear onboarding documentation and process on how to get involved in the Community Outreach teams.
- Brand awareness from CommOps new structure is beginning to grow based on branding and relevant marketing plans.
- More contributors engaged in the Ambassadors program, but also the CommOps team overall.
- Weekly meetings for Community Outreach.
Community feedback on the Discussion topic: https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/t/fedora-objective-proposal-community-outreach-revamp/25928
Scope of Work
- Note: Mariana & Sumantro will share one vote in Council votes.
- Original ticket on Mindshare repo
- Proposal approved by the Mindshare Committee
- Temporary Task Force Mindshare ticket (comment to receive updates!)
Proposal written by Marie Nordin, the current FCAIC. The proposal was approved by the Mindshare Committee. Co-leads were brought on, the TTF was assembled, and the work has been scoped. From there it was decided to ask the Council if it would be a good fit for an Objective. The proposal was discussed on council-discuss ML with some clarifying questions and positive feedback to move the initiative to an Objective.