Test Day:2009-09-24 XFCE
|Thu September 24, 2009||From 12:00 to 21:00 UTC (8am -> 5pm EDT)||#fedora-qa)|
What to test?
Today's instalment of Fedora Test Day will focus on:
- Xfce 4.6.1 (in Rawhide).
The following cast of characters will be available for testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Development - Kevin Fenzi
- Development - Christoph Wickert
- Development - Adam Miller
- Quality Assurance - Adam Williamson
What's needed to test
- Rawhide (tips on installing Rawhide below), or the live CD available for this test day (again see below).
- Xfce installed (yum install @XFCE)
- For the Fedora 11 to 12 upgrade test case, Fedora 11 with Xfce installed and updated to latest Fedora 11 update status
How to test
Update your machine
See the instructions on the Rawhide page on the various ways in which you can install or update to Rawhide.
Optionally, you may download a non-destructive rawhide live image for your architecture:
Tips on using a live image are available at FedoraLiveCD.
The following bullet points could use the most care, please see below for testing.
Things that are potentially changing from F11 -> F12
- We would like to transition from gnomebaker to xfburn for the next release of the Xfce Spin. Please use xfburn to burn both a CD-R and a CD-RW (as well as blank out and reburn the CD-RW) and if you have the hardware please test burning a DVD.
- We are testing Midori (The official web browser of Xfce) for feature completeness and stability for inclusion as either the default or simply an add on alternative for the Fedora 12 Xfce Spin. Please use Midori to browse to popular sites and login to test, suggestions: Fedora Community, Gmail, Google Docs, Facebook, MySpace, etc.
Beyond this, please just install Xfce on Rawhide - yum install @XFCE - and check that everything within Xfce you expect to work, does work. In particular, check that all the configuration applets work correctly. As it's fairly obvious how to test these, we decided not to include specific test cases for each applet; just run each one, and check that changing the settings has the intended effect. If you find any problems, please say so in the IRC chat session.
Notes from testing / Non-Bugzilla issues
All open bugs in XFCE4 bugzilla
Howto test results
- confirm gdm offers Xfce4 as a session type
- confirm you can select this session and login
- confirm settings changes can be made and saved, and are found after a logout/login cycle.
- confirm day to day desktop functions are working.
- confirm all settings dialogs come up and work.
- confirm xfce4-mixer starts and can manage any sound card(s).
- confirm xfburn is stable and capable in burning to media
- confirm midori is stable and feature rich enough to be a drop in replacement for other browsers.
|User||Smolt Profile||gdm offers Xfce4||successful login to Xfce4||xfce4 settings can be saved (available after login/logout)||desktop functions work||all settings dialogs work||xfce4-mixer starts and works||xfburn stable and burn capable||midori browser stable and feature rich as a drop in replacement||References|
|User:ExampleUser||HW||PASS||PASS||FAIL ||PASS||PASS||PASS||PASS||PASS|| |
|User:vbenes||||PASS||PASS||TBD||FAIL ||FAIL ||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|User:mhuhtala||HW||PASS||PASS||PASS||PASS||PASS||PASS||N/A||PASS, except for || |
|Miroslav Vadkerti||HW||PASS||PASS||PASS||FAIL ||N/A||N/A||N/A||PASS|| |
|User:atorkhov||HW||PASS||PASS||N/A ||FAIL ||FAIL ||PASS||FAIL ||FAIL || |
|jkoten||HW||PASS||PASS||TBD||TBD||FAIL ||PASS||FAIL ||FAIL |
|David Dubrovic||HW||PASS||PASS||PASS||PASS||PASS||PASS||N/A ||FAIL || |