From Fedora Project Wiki
This page records base validation testing test results for the Fedora 20 Alpha TC2 release.
How to test
- Download the ISO images for testing: please use either a DVD installer image, or a live image. Tests in this page should not be desktop dependent, so which live image you select should not matter. Delta_ISOs for installer images are also available here. Some tests may specify use of either a traditional installer image (the DVD image, or a net install image) or a live image; please follow these specifications.
- Perform one or more of the test cases and add your results to the table below.
- If a test fails, file a bug report, and propose the bug as a blocker for the appropriate release (see blocker bug process). If you notice a problem during a test which does not constitute a complete failure of the test, you should still file a bug report, but it may not be appropriate to propose it as a blocker. Use your judgment in deciding this, with reference to the Fedora_Release_Criteria, which these tests are intended to verify. If you are unsure, err on the side of proposing the bug as a blocker.
- Don't install updates before performing any of the tests, as when you are testing pre-releases, available updates are not part of the proposed released package set.
Add or Remove a Test Case
- Please request review for your changes by publishing your test case for review to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once reviewed, make your changes to any current documents that use this template (e.g. Test Results:Fedora 20 Alpha TC2 Base)
- Lastly, update QA:Base validation results template with the same changes.
See the table below for a sample format for test results. All test results are posted using the format specified Template:Result.
|Test Result||Explanation||Code Entered|
|Untested - This test has not been run, and is available for anyone to contribute feedback.|
|Passed - The test has been run and the tester determine the test met the expected results|
|Inprogress - An inprogress result is often used for tests that take a long time to execute. Inprogress results should be temporary and change to pass, fail or warn.|
|Failed - Indicates a failed test. A link to a bug must be provided. See Template:Result for details on providing bug information.|
|||Warning - This test completed and met the expected results of the test, but other issues were encountered during testing that warrant attention.
|Multiple results - More people can easily provide results to a single test case.|
|Result from previous test run - This test result is directly moved from the test run of previous <build>.|
|Unsupported - An unsupported test or configuration. No testing is required.|
|Release Level||Test Case||x86(_64)||ARM||Cloud||References|
|Alpha||QA:Testcase_base_system_logging||testcase needs adjusting, used journalctl|