Promote IoT to an Edition
Promote Fedora IoT to an official Fedora Edition.
- Name: Peter Robinson
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Responsible WG: IoT
- Targeted release: Fedora 33
- Last updated: 2020-08-13
- FESCo issue: #2462
- Tracker bug: #1868747
- Release notes tracker: #550
As part of the newly-approved Edition Promotion Process, this promotes Fedora IoT to Edition status alongside Workstation and Server.
Full status is documented in the IoT docs. This change is primarily a paperwork exercise as the necessary work has been completed or is in-progress.
Benefit to Fedora
Makes Fedora IoT more prominent, which will help spread adoption. This in turn will help drive improvements in Fedora IoT and other ostree-based deliverables. It also gives Fedora a strong presence in the IoT ecosystem.
- Proposal owners: See the IoT docs
- Other developers: N/A
- Release engineering: work already completed
- Policies and guidelines: N/A
- Trademark approval: Granted
How To Test
See the IoT docs
- Contingency mechanism: (What to do? Who will do it?) Delay promotion until F34
- Contingency deadline: F33 Final release date
- Blocks release? No