A Fedora Spin providing the LXQt desktop environment.
- Name: Ziqian SUN
- Email: email@example.com
- Name: Christian Dersch
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Targeted release: Fedora 26
- Last updated: 2020-01-10
- Fedora 25 based compose testable: 
- Tracker bug: #1419515
LXQt is a lightweight Qt-based desktop environment. Fedora provides it since Fedora 22 as a group of packages. Now that LXQt is much more complete, it is time to provide a live spin to our users. Therefore some effort has been made to provide a first impression and it is ready for submission as an official spin.
Benefit to Fedora
Fedora provides one more option to its users and also catches up to some other distributions like Manjaro already providing LXQt versions of their distributions. The LXQt SIG got several requests for a spin.
- Proposal owners: Implement this Change, almost done.
- Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Release engineering: Add spin to spin-kickstarts, ensure spin has been tested, and release with rest of spins
- Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Trademark approval: approved
N/A (not a System Wide Change)
How To Test
Test booting and usage of live media, installation from live medium, and resulting installed system.
Users will have a new option for trying and installing Fedora and have the choice to use another new upcoming desktop environment.
- Trademark approval from Fedora Council is required.
- Contingency mechanism: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Contingency deadline: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Blocks release? N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Blocks product? N/A
Name and Location
"LXQt Desktop" on 
A complete and lightweight Qt-based desktop experience.
Fedora LXQt provides a lightweight, well-integrated LXQt desktop environment. In addition to LXQt itself it provides a small, well selected collection of applications like the QupZilla browser, which combines Chromium's rendering engine with a nice Qt experience. Other applications include the Trojitá mail client, the qBittorrent client, the Yarock music player and a set of some more commonly used applications. As all applications use the same Qt5 toolkit and the Breeze theme known from KDE, the desktop provides a unified and well-integrated style and theming. In addition breeze-gtk is provided to allow the user to integrate GTK applications too.
Need help using Fedora LXQt?
Help via Chat General help is available in irc channel #fedora-lxqt on irc.freenode.net.
For help using IRC, please visit the Fedora IRC how-to
Help via Email
Users and developers are also available on the LXQt List
General help with Fedora is available on the Fedora users' mailing list at [email@example.com https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users]. For guidance on how to interact on Fedora mailing lists, please review the Fedora Mailing List Guidelines.