rdieter, jeremy, warren
- FAB has approved FESCo's proposal on handling the FESCo/Core Cabel migration.
- Governance: FESCo will retain it's name, and will add notting & f13 to it's membership
- Initial Mass-Review procedure finished for FUDCon.
- jeremy/warren: start a thread about how to actually do the merge (sponsership issues)
- Decide on Core Review process after further community input. Process approved by FESCo
- Continue review of Core packages after release of F7. All packages need to review before the release of F8.
Topics for the next IRC-Meeting
- how do we review ~1160 packages from Core for Extras in less then X months (X=something between 2 and 5 afaics)?
- will there be a release team? If yes: where is it's position in this game? At the same level or below FESCo (which is below FPB)
- will community members like it if we switch away from the rolling release model in the future? Is there a alternatie for those that like the rolling release model? We might scare away our contributors otherwise...
- how to we get lmacken's updates stuff merged with the current Extras push scripts? And the
- should we also have a fedora buildsys sig temporary?
- decisions on governance:
- Details on new FESCo still need to be resolved. (When election occurs, number of members)
- can FESCo (in)directly give orders to red hat people (you need to work on foo now, otherwise we don't get the package unierse in shape for F7)
- has FESCo still enough manpower to solve issues the community has? do we need a community sig or something like that?
- we should have that kind of online IRC Q&A after we officially announce the fedora merge plans