Update Glasgow Haskell Compiler (ghc) from version 7.0.2 to 7.0.4 release (15 June 2011), with various bug fixes.
Haskell Platform 2011.2.0.1 was released in April for ghc-7.0.3: a minor update is expected for 7.0.4.
- Names: Jens Petersen, Haskell_SIG
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Targeted release: Fedora 16
- Last updated: 29 August 2011
- Percentage completion 100%
- ghc will be updated in rawhide. [done]
- Update ghc-rpm-macros to drop prof subpackages [done]
- cabal2spec updated to use %ghc_arches macro and BR ghc-Cabal-devel and individual core libs [done]
- Update all haskell packages to latest packaging templates and rebuild. [done]
- Test packages in F16/rawhide [done]
Benefit to Fedora
Fedora will benefit by providing the latest ghc compiler and haskell-platform to its users with various bugfixes.
- Rebuilding all Haskell packages.
How to Test
- yum install @haskell
- yum install xmonad
- yum install ghc-*-devel
- yum install pandoc
Developers will be able to use latest GHC.
haskell-platform release for ghc-7.0.4 expected.
ghc-7.0.4 is a stable bugfix release, which should not have any major surprises.
If haskell-platform-2011.2.0.2 is not released in time we will ship with haskell-platform-2011.2.0.1 + ghc-7.0.4, and update haskell-platform later if necessary.
The Haskell GHC compiler has been updated to version 7.0.4 with various bugfixes and haskell-platform to 2011.2.0.1.