How to submit an article
A contributor who has an account can submit general news articles for publication with Fedora Insight at any time.
Sign in and go to the contribute page
Pick a title and category
You should be looking at the entry screen for a general news submission. The first two entry forms are for "title" and "category."
- Write a title for your article. A title for the news item is required.
- Select a category. Look at the drop-down list and select an appropriate category for your article. You can choose whichever category you like, as long as you do not use the FWN categories.
Write the text and summary
- Write the summary. This is 1-3 sentences that summarize the article you are writing. They can be taken directly from the article, if the article has a good summary phrase in it. The summary section is what will be displayed on the front page along with the article title - it is what will convince readers to read the rest of your article.
- Write the story. This is the main body of your article.
Pick publication and expiration dates
The last section of the entry form deals with "publication options." Ignore "Language" by now and look at "Publish date" and "Expire date."
- Publish date: Select a date for the item to be published on.
- Expire date: Select a date when the item should no longer be available.
Submit the article
Once you've filled in all the forms, click on the "Ready to Publish" button to submit the article to the editing process.
Congratulations, you're done! Now your editor will take it from here...