This page describes the workflow for publishing content on Fedora Insight. It is intended to answer the question "how does a written piece get published on Fedora Insight?" If you are a writer, an editor, or a potential writer or editor, you're in the right place.
There are currently three publication types defined for Fedora Insight:
1. Events - content about occurrences in the Fedora world such as conferences, FUDCons, FADs, etc. that are either about to happen or have just happened. For instance, selected highlights from event reports by Ambassadors would go here.
3. General News - items that do not fit in either of the above categories, such as feature profiles or contributor interviews.
User accounts on Fedora Insight are created when you log in to the system using your FAS credentials.
In addition, there is an additional group called "Administrators" that gives certain users the ability to change system settings and also edit, approve, and publish content. To have access to this group, you must first be granted access to the cmsadmin group in FAS.
Log in with your Fedora Project credentials into FAS and apply to the cmsadmin group. After you are approved, you'll be able to post to Fedora Insight and contribute, review, and approve content as an editor.
In the Future
User accounts on Fedora Insight will belong to one of two user categories:
1. Users: Registered users; anyone who has a signed Fedora Project CLA can get one of these. Registered users can leave comments and possibly perform other actions.
Log in with your Fedora Project credentials into FAS. Upon login, a user account in the Fedora Insight system is automatically created for you.
3. Administrators: a small group who administers the configuration and content of Zikula for Fedora Insight, including publication, theming, pagemaster configuration, workflow definition and publication type configuration.
To become a member of this group you must:
- Be a member of the Marketing, Websites, Documentation or Infrastructure team
- Be granted access to the cmsadmin FAS group
Once you are granted access to the FAS cmsadmin group, Zikula will make you part of the Administrators group in Fedora Insight when you log in to Zikula.
This page will document the workflow for each, from both contributor roles and editor roles.
Logging into Fedora Insight
Once you have been accepted into the appropriate group as above, use your Fedora Project credentials to log into Fedora Insight
See the Fedora Insight General News Workflow for an in-depth explanation of this process.
Fedora Weekly News
See the Fedora Insight FWN Workflow for an in-depth explanation of this process.