- 1 Insight use cases for calendar project
- 1.1 Contact Information
- 1.2 Why do you want to work with the Fedora Project?
- 1.3 Do you have any past involvement with the Fedora project or with any another open source project as a contributor (if possible please add some references as well)?
- 1.4 Did you participate with the past GSoC programs, if so which years, which organizations?
- 1.5 Will you continue contributing/ supporting the Fedora project after the GSoC 2012 program, if yes, which team(s)/area(s), you are interested with?
- 1.6 Why should we choose you over the other applicants?
- 1.7 Proposal Description
- 1.7.1 An overview of your proposal
- 1.7.2 The need you believe it fulfills
- 1.7.3 Any relevant experience you have
- 1.7.4 How do you intend to implement your proposal
- 1.7.5 Final deliverable of the proposal at the end of the period
- 1.7.6 A rough timeline for your progress
- 1.7.7 Any other details you feel we should consider
- 1.8 Have you communicated with a potential mentor? If so, who?
Insight use cases for calendar project
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Telephone: +94715623003
- Blog URL: http://unhidecode-malith.blogspot.com/
- Freenode IRC Nick: wmmalith63
Why do you want to work with the Fedora Project?
Fedora is a powerful operating system based on the Linux kernel. Under the Fedora Project include very successful open-source software releases. As I hope to become a software engineer in my career in the shortest time I can with the real experiences, I believe Fedora Project is the best place for it. Because I can see a clear path to achieve my targets especially under the Web designer & Developer. Even though I won’t be able to do the GSoC 2012 I want to contribute with Fedora to improve the technical and communication skills.
Do you have any past involvement with the Fedora project or with any another open source project as a contributor (if possible please add some references as well)?
i'm level 2 undergraduate in university of moratuwa.This year we are doing industry base project my project is the SSO WebBrowser for Virtusa. https://github.com/wmmalith63/Virtusa_Vbrowser i'm create a plugins for worldpress https://github.com/wmmalith63/img-uploader-base64
Did you participate with the past GSoC programs, if so which years, which organizations?
Will you continue contributing/ supporting the Fedora project after the GSoC 2012 program, if yes, which team(s)/area(s), you are interested with?
Fedora Websites Designing and Developing Fedora Ambassadors Team
Why should we choose you over the other applicants?
- Because I’m so much interesting about CMS and to be a good Web Designer & Web Developer is my only dream. I have some experience in CMS and PHP also I successfully followed Web developing and Designing Degree in 2010 December. Also I’m mostly trying on to finish the work with best.
An overview of your proposal
According to the project description, the summarized idea is to create Insight use cases for calendar For any given Fedora Project team, any CLA-signed member of the Project will be able to check availability and schedule IRC meeting rooms on irc.freenode.net.User will be able to filter on team, as well as other Fedora event and other happenings, such as release schedule.
The need you believe it fulfills
- To achieve my target I want to improve my PHP & Drupal knowledge. Especially about Drupal.
Any relevant experience you have
How do you intend to implement your proposal
Final deliverable of the proposal at the end of the period
- Create Insight use case Calender according to the requirements.
- Video demo about “how can user use Calender”.
- Tutorial for those who are interested to learn how we modified Calender.
A rough timeline for your progress
- 23th April - 20rd May :-
Finalizing the technologies to be used with mentor and the community,Finalizing the deliverables with community,Report - 01 to Fedora GSoC blog.
- 21rd May - 28th May:-
Creating the database,Finishing UIs (might need to add some more later),Report - 02
- 29th May – 1st July:-
Developing the required implementation for the log in and notification system,Discuss the implementation,Report - 03
- 2nd July - 8th July:-
Testing and finalizing the ,Report -04
- 9th July - 13th July:-
Preparing for mid evaluation,Get the feedback from community,Submit work for mid evaluation,Report - 05
- 14th July – 4th July:-
Developing the required implementation for the insight web site,Report - 06
- 5th July – 12th August:-
Testing and finalizing the task,Discuss the implementation,Testing the entire implementation of use case calender,Report -07
- 13th August – 24th August:-
Code clean up,Documentation,Other deliverables discussed at the very beginning,Submit the work for final evaluation,Report - 06
Any other details you feel we should consider
Have you communicated with a potential mentor? If so, who?
- Yes, she is User:tatica