Topic of the day - can we make "exploded tree" packages work?
- Easier to develop/maintain/share patches.
- No longer need lookaside cache of tarballs.
- How do we separate "upstream" code from patches applied in the Fedora package.
- How do we keep patches that are Fedora-specific and shouldn't be sent upstream from patches that should be.
- This will likely require maintainers to become more familiar with whatever SCM is chosen.
- Can no longer use lookaside cache to keep SCM size down.
- How do we conditionally apply patches (e.g. for arch- or feature-specific patches)?
- How can we verify that the code in our tree is identical to the upstream tarball?
- Can we automate the conversion?