Meeting:Board meeting 2012-02-29
Fedora Board Meeting, 2012-02-29
- Secretary: Jaroslav Reznik
- Meeting Type: Phone
- Robyn Bergeron
- Peter Robinson
- Jaroslav Reznik (gobby only, still trying)
- Jon Stanley
- Christoph Wickert
- Toshio Kuratomi
- Rudi Landmann
- Rex Dieter
- Guillermo Gomez
- David Nalley
- Trademark guidelines updates
- Google Summer of Code - thoughts? Mentor org apps due March 9, need a wrangler/leader/noisemaker
- Review of Board member goals: Rudi and David
- Ticket #130: Make the board less of a single point of failure: https://fedorahosted.org/board/ticket/130
- Ticket #133: Fedora LTS and a single rapid release proposal: https://fedorahosted.org/board/ticket/133
- Trademarks update
- No update at the moment
- How many people did we have last summer?
- We need someone (or more than one) who is happy to commit for the full duration of the program
- Robyn to write blog post about needing a volunteer to wrangle GSoC, get time estimate from Karsten by tomorrow
- Gomix will try to involve some people from rpmdev latam area (Nushio was at GSoC last year AFAIK)
- Board Goals
- Going to write these up on: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board_personal_goals
- Help to streamline the docs publishing process
- Process is somewhat cumbersome
- Multifaceted including a number of teams
- Focusing on procedural
- Infrastructure - hw requests, testing etc.
- Gomix working on new docs in not english as first language, just as a reminder on procedures for such kind of documents (as SMG).
- Try to sponsor over the next release cycle sponsor/mentor 3 new contributors
- Small goal due to time contraint with aim for quality new contributors
- the question is - how to make the three different election guidelines more streamlined, to have one common guideline (from the Board member perspective)
- to have someone from FESCo to cooperate on this task, Christoph to go with FAmSCo
- Ticket #130 - The Board less of a single point of failure
- Toshio added a section on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Toshio/sopa-post-mortem
- He's busy until March 15th, will fill it in then or someone else can work on it first
- Ticket #133 - Fedora LTS and rolling release
- sounds like a question whether Red Hat would be interested to help with?
- LTS for Fedora versions that will become RHEL later (but not overlapping with RHEL?)
- What is the question to put to Red Hat?
- What would Red Hat be willing to provide towards implementing a Fedora LTS?
- More hardware to Fedora for hosting packages, building, etc?
- More infrastructure system admins to maintain the hardware?
- Pay engineers to work on their packages throughout the lifecycle of the LTS?
- Ticket #80 - Ways to improve Board Q&A
- Ticket #89 - Discuss possible support burden from Fedora Remixes
- very old ticket, close and ask Jóhann for more input
- There are several TM tickets
- https://fedorahosted.org/board/ticket/117 - Suggestion regarding to Fedora on Launchpad.net
- Christoph to take the ticket to contact Launchpad again to clarify the use of it
- https://fedorahosted.org/board/ticket/83 - revisit updates vision
- the idea was to revisit update vision language after a release/two (how does it work)
- "... only fix bugs and security issues" language, reported by Rex
- CoC enforcement
- open ended to be flexible, case by case
- Robyn will be gone for next week's IRC meeting
- Jaroslav Reznik will run next week's IRC meeting
- Toshio will be gone for the next two weeks
Next meeting will be IRC on 2012-Mar-07 at 18:30UTC.