Fedora Marketing Team Meeting Minutes 2016-06-08
- 2016-06-08 21:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting-1 on freenode
This week's Marketing Meeting will be led by jflory7.
- The participants will be posted after the meeting.
- To help improve the flow of the meeting, using the IRC Meeting Protocol is encouraged, as modeled by the EMEA Ambassadors.
- Please follow the Meeting Protocol where possible.
- #startmeeting Fedora Marketing meeting (2016-06-08)
- #meetingname marketing
- #chair < based on attendance >
- #topic Roll Call
- #info Name; Timezone; Other sub-projects / interest areas
- #topic Announcements
- #info === "Fedora Cloud FAD 2016" ===
- #link https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/fedora-cloud-fad-2016/
- #info The Cloud FAD is happening now, from June 7 - 8. The Cloud Working Group will be making decisions, tackling tickets, and writing code to help with topics like automated testing, documentation, and increasing the public cloud provider footprint.
- #info === "Fedora Design Team lead Máirín Duffy wins O’Reilly Open Source Award" ===
- #link https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/fedora-design-team-lead-mairin-duffy-wins-oreilly-open-source-award/
- #info Big congrats to mizmo for winning big at the O'Reilly Open Source Conference (OSCON) this year! Check out the article to learn more about the award.
- #info === Fedora 24 releases June 14 ===
- #info Just in case you forgot, Fedora 24 drops in another six days!! Whoa!
- #info === "Fedora Cloud FAD 2016" ===
- #topic Action items from last meetings
- #link https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2016-06-01/marketing.2016-06-01-20.57.html
- #info === decause Open a ticket on Council Trac for Python Marketing Objective request ===
- #info === [INCOMPLETE] jflory7 Post to Marketing list asking for opinions and thoughts on next steps to finalize Friends of Fedora proposal ===
- #action jflory7 Post to Marketing list asking for opinions and thoughts on next steps to finalize Friends of Fedora proposal
- #info === [COMPLETE] jflory7 Remove Ticket #225 from meeting report on Trac ===
- #info === [COMPLETE] linuxmodder bkp Work on getting some screenshots added to the F24 Screenshot library for upcoming release, check in on mailing list with status later next week ===
- #info === [COMPLETE] bkp Reach out to decause and mattdm to see where things are for the F24 Release Announcement right now ===
- #info bkp updated jflory7 in an email before the meeting - the discussion is ongoing and in progress. This is a high priority this week and is in the forefront of the agenda.
- #topic Tickets
- #link https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/report/12
- #info === Ticket #222 ===
- #link https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/ticket/222
- #info "Publicizing "Fedora affiliates" (or groups using Fedora)"
- jflory7 was going to query the mailing list about ideas on how to proceed on proposing this on a larger scale. Where does this need to go next? Should we begin creating ideas for a website and go to the Websites team? Or is there another step that should come first? If attendees are not sure, jflory7 can post to the list about this tonight and start the discussion there.
- #info === Ticket #226 ===
- #link https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/ticket/226
- #info "Screenshots for Fedora 24"
- Nice work by bkp and linuxmodder! bkp++ linuxmodder++ Last two spins left are KDE and Xfce. KDE is available as a beta, but Xfce has compose problems and may not be ready on release of Fedora 24.
- #info === Ticket #227 ===
- #link https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/ticket/227
- #info "Create the release announcement for Fedora 24"
- Any news / updates on this one?
- #topic Upcoming Tasks
- #link https://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule/f-24/f-24-marketing-tasks.html
- #info (1) Create GA Announcement (Docs & Marketing) (due: Wed 2016-06-08)
- #info (2) Fedora 24 Final Release Readiness Meeting (due: Thu 2016-06-09)
- #info (3) Final Release Public Availability (GA) (Tue 2016-06-14)
- #info (4) Marketing Retrospective (due: Tue 2016-06-28)
- #topic Open Floor