Fedora Marketing Team Meeting Minutes 2017-03-07
- 2017-03-07 14:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
This week's Marketing Meeting will be led by jflory7.
- The participants will be posted after the meeting.
- To help improve the flow of the meeting, using the IRC Meeting Protocol is encouraged, as modeled by the EMEA Ambassadors.
- Please follow the Meeting Protocol where possible.
- #startmeeting Fedora Marketing meeting (2017-03-07)
- #meetingname marketing
- #chair < based on attendance >
- #topic Agenda
- #link https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:Marketing_meeting_2017-03-07
- #info (1) Roll call
- #info (2) Announcements
- #info (3) Action items from last meeting
- #info (4) Tickets
- #info (5) Upcoming tasks
- #info (6) Open floor
- #topic Roll call
- #info Name; Timezone; Other sub-projects / interest areas
- #topic Announcements
- #info No new weekly news coverage on jflory7's radar…
- #info === "fedorahosted.org retired today (2017-03-01)" ===
- #link https://firstname.lastname@example.org/thread/RYZMAUPTT7J2ETLN34CHLBEEDV5WAQEW/
- #info FedoraHosted.org was officially retired last week. All projects are either defunct or have migrated to Pagure (or elsewhere).
- #topic Action items from last meetings
- #link https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2017-02-28/marketing.2017-02-28-14.00.html
- #info How This Works: We look at past #action items from the last meeting for quick follow-up. If a task is completed, we move on to the next one. If it isn't, we get an update and re-action it if needed. If no status, we'll try to get a quick update and move forward.
- #info === FranciscoD / bkp Discuss and draft a short proposal of what one-page release announcements looks like for the press kit, with (1) timeline for when they should be created during the release, (2) type of content to include in the announcement, and (3) how it should be delivered ===
- #info === [COMPLETE] jwf Draft a simple proposal for what background modules / past press coverage should be in the press kit, add comment to ticket #242 for discussion at next meeting ===
- #topic Tickets
- #link https://pagure.io/fedora-marketing/issues?tags=meeting
- #info === Ticket #242: "Update release activity steps / process on the wiki" ===
- #link https://pagure.io/fedora-marketing/issue/242
- This ticket has some remaining actions left to complete – since we need to start getting talking points ready for F26 and to prepare for the State of Marketing presentation to the Council, proposing to action for follow-up and move on to our other two tickets?
- #info === Ticket #245: "Create Fedora 26 talking points" ===
- #link https://pagure.io/fedora-marketing/issue/245
- F26 Alpha lands in two weeks. Do we want to separate the "new vision" for talking points into a new ticket and work on preparing this release's talking points in the traditional way? Whatever choice we follow, we need to have a deliverable ready before March 21st.
- #info === Ticket #248: "Create an education-focused marketing campaign" ===
- #link https://pagure.io/fedora-marketing/issue/248
- This is meant to be open discussion about create loose "milestones" of objectives we would want to accomplish in order for this campaign to be successful. These milestones and goals of the campaign would be presented to the Council in our presentation in two weeks. Note that it's better to keep it general for now, and we can expand on details after circulating feedback and getting Council input.
- #topic Upcoming Tasks
- #link https://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule/f-26/f-26-marketing-tasks.html
- #info (1) Change Checkpoint: Completion deadline (Tue 2017-02-28)
- #info (2) Create Talking Points (start: Tue 2017-02-28)
- #info (3) Proposed Changes Profiles (start: Tue 2017-03-07)
- #info (4) Email WGs to solicit bullet points for Alpha release announcement (start: Thu 2017-03-09)
- #topic Open Floor
- jflory7 unable to chair next week – is anyone able to chair for 2017-03-14?