Fedora Events: Free Software Conference at Open Source Lab of Szeged, Hungary
The Free Software Conference (Hungarian: Szabad Szoftver Konferencia) is a one day event, celebrated in late November - with a broad scope of users, beginners, developers, administrators and companies. It features a huge amount of talks, presentations and workshops as well.
When and Where
- The event date: 20. Nov. 2014
- The event will be held from 9 AM till cca. 7 PM.
- Opening ceremony is at approx. 9:15 AM.
- Venue: Agóra Szeged.
- Zoltan Hoppar - Event owner
- Gergely Rakosi - Event owner
- Levente Kurusa - Event owner + Local Contact
- Ferenc Teknos
- Peter Czanik
- Szilveszter Liszy
- ...and many more people from the FLUG commmunity.
- Our guest speaker from Greece: Christos Bacharakis !
- 2x2 meter short table
- 2 chairs
- Electricity (floor plugs are available, just bring one more plug/extension cord with plugs to have enough - as we all love to plug-ins :)
- Fully equipped and prepared talk rooms (Projector, and so on) (Agora venue team)
- Stand Up Roller + the usual SWAG (Rgeri77)
- Again: Don't forget to bring with you powerplug to have enough shareable power for everyone, and for booth too. The everyone's equipment gonna require a lot of plugs, and the venue is well equipped, just be prepared (phones, laptops, and more - .)
(Note: this is from last year. Hopefully nothing has changed.)
Swag requests, tickets
We don't need swag, we'll use our reserves for this event.
Christos' travel funding: https://fedorahosted.org/emea-swag-tracking/ticket/421
RGeri77's gasoline cost: https://fedorahosted.org/emea-swag-tracking/ticket/432
Community dinner: https://fedorahosted.org/emea-swag-tracking/ticket/432
- Catering: As tradition, one hot meal in a restaurant will possibly be granted to speakers.
- Community dinner at Dugonics Étterem near the center of Szeged.
- Talks have been added to the schedule.
- We have 25+5 minutes! Themes must be chosen carefully, since time runs out quickly!
- English is not a blocker, but Hungarian is the preferred. If you plan to make a talk in a language other than Hungarian, please do it in English. Most of the audience talks English, since we will be in a IT University context.
|Levente Kurusa||Introduction to Docker||10am Kamaraterem|
|Gergely Rákosi||Rise of the Fedora Desktop: Gaming||3pm Szeminariumi terem|
|Ferenc Teknős||What really is the Fedora Project?||10am Szeminariumi terem|
|Peter Czanik||syslong-ng: not just logging||12:30pm Kamaraterem|
|Szilveszter Liszy||The hundred year old curse and the ergonomy of the keyboard||10am Informatorium|
|Christos Bacharakis||Fedora.Next||3:30pm Szeminariumi terem|
- Preparation is smooth!
- You can now register (free) for the conference: http://sfd.org.hu/signup
Look for us if you are in Hungary, near to Szeged!
Photos by the Hungarian Firefox Community: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152438411006479.1073741907.372155461478&type=1
(More to come :p)
- The 2011 one was a great success, and we would like to continue the tradition.
- Year 2012 has been sadly cancelled due to the financials.
- Year 2013 was a great success as well! We must continue!