From Fedora Project Wiki
The feature covers the ibus-libpinyin with libpinyin backend to provide intelligent sentence-based Chinese pinyin input.
Follow up to the steps in QA:Testcase i18n input method setup to configure the input method on the desktop in general.
- Add an input source which has (Intelligent Pinyin) in the name.
How to test
- Get some testing sentences, try to input it under "Intelligent Pinyin", to see whether the "Intelligent Pinyin" can guess the input sentence correctly.
- Input "ninhaodajiahao" with the space key, the input method will commit the text "您好大家好".
- Input "pinyinshurufa" with the space key, the input method will commit the text "拼音输入法".
- Try to enable/disable dictionaries in "Intelligent Pinyin" Preference Dialog, to see whether the changes take effects.
- Try to import some third party dictionaries in "Intelligent Pinyin" Preferences->'User data' Dialog, to see whether the new words are imported.
- The dictionary format is described in the Preference->'User data' Dialog beneath the import button.
By using "Intelligent Pinyin" ime will speed up Chinese character inputting, to see whether it can guess it correctly first time, or guess it right with some candidate selections.