Deliver an appliance to Amazon EBS, from an Amazon EC2 instance. You cannot deliver to EBS outside of an EC2 instance.
- Launch the JEOS AMI built in the AMI test case: QA:TestCase_boxgrinder_deliver_ami, or any other Fedora 15 AMI.
- Prepare the instance's environment
- Put the following BoxGrinder config into a file named:
/root/.boxgrinder/config. See http://boxgrinder.org/tutorials/boxgrinder-build-plugins/#EBS_Delivery_Plugin, for more information.
plugins: ebs: access_key: AWS_ACCESS_KEY # required secret_access_key: AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY # required account_number: AWS_ACCOUNT_NUMBER # required delete_on_termination: false # default: true
How to test
boxgrinder-build boxgrinder-appliances/testing-appliances/jeos-appls/fedora-15-jeos.appl -p ec2 -d ebs --trace
- Once completed, a JEOS EBS is available. Launch the instance.
- Log into the EBS instance via SSH with user:
- Run the following Test Case in the VM: QA:Network_basic_test_case
The following must be true to consider this a successful test run.
- Step #1 completes without error (indicated on console)
- Program completes with exit code 0
- The JEOS EBS AMI is present in the AWS console
- AMI boots successfully, and can log into the EBS AMI appliance without error
- QA:Network_basic_test_case is performed successfully on the new appliance
- Instance data survives reboot