Deliver an appliance to an ElasticHost API compatible cloud provider
- Launch the JEOS AMI built in the AMI test case: QA:TestCase_boxgrinder_deliver_ami, or any other Fedora 15 AMI.
- Put the following BoxGrinder config into a file named:
/root/.boxgrinder/config. Insert appropriate values, see: http://boxgrinder.org/tutorials/boxgrinder-build-plugins/#ElasticHosts_Delivery_Plugin, for more information.
plugins: elastichosts: endpoint: api.lon-p.elastichosts.com # required username: your-user-id # required password: your-secret-access-key # required chunk: 128 # default: 64 (in MB) wait: 30 # default: 5 (in s) retry: 2 # default: 3 ssl: true # default: false
How to test
boxgrinder-build testing-appliances/jeos-appls/fedora-14-jeos.appl -d elastichosts --trace
- Run an instance of the VM through your cloud providers tools, log on via SSH
- Run the following Test Case in the VM: QA:Network_basic_test_case
The following must be true to consider this a successful test run.
- Step #1 completes without error (indicated on console)
- Program completes with exit code 0
- The new image has appeared in your cloud provider's management system
- Step #2 completes without error
- QA:Network_basic_test_case is performed successfully on the new appliance