This test case is to check that fonts/rendering are correctly displayed and strings translated in applications.
Follow up to the steps in QA:Testcase change language to switch the language if it's not what you expected to test.
How to test
- Look for an application to launch on desktop environment menus
- Run the application. Nice to test applications:
- Evolution, Thunderbird
- GNOME PackageKit/KPackageKit
- system-config-* applications
- Check the display of text in your language in the application (fonts/rendering/characters) such as menu items, input, output, prompts, and window contents. (GUI)
- Characters/Rendering are displayed properly and clearly in the application as well as in system menus.
- Input should work accordingly with proper rendering.