Fix wakeups across the distribution
Fix unnecessary wakeups across the distribution in all packages.
- Name: BillNottingham, ChrisBlizzard, FlorianLaRoche
- Targeted release: Fedora 8
- Last modified: 2007-10-03
- Percentage of completion: 100%
1. Powertop is included 1. Call for testing results done - results being recieved 1. bugs are filed 1. 28/53 filed bugs fixed (so far)
With the introduction of a tickless kernel , any extraneous wakeups cause more power to be used, drain batteries, produce more heat, and use more natural resources, threatening the environment of this baby seal.
<img src=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Sealuk.jpg alt="Awwww, isn't he cute?">
Do you really want to kill the baby seal?
Requires changing any packages that misbehave.
Use powertop to test wakeups. Compare to F7 and F6.
Depends on the tickless kernel .
While we'd like to have a nice, clean, web app for people to submit their worst offenders, it's unlikely this will happen given the time constraints and powertop's unique coding style. Therefore, it's more likely that we will just poll users for their results, and go from there.
With no fixes, we'll just suck as much as previous releases.