- 2007-10-16 16:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
- RobertScheck (rsc)
- KDE 3.5.8
- KDE 4 status/update
- /usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces ownership (#334681 )
- Web Release Notes (did we missed something important?)
- How to get more people involved in KDE-Sig? (Rediscuss meeting from 2007-09-25
- Should we send weekly reports to fedora-devel-ml and/or Fedora Weekly News?
- All packages are built for rawhide (kde-i18n is building right now)
- KDE 3.5.8 will get into F8
- Updates for F-7 and FC-6 should be ready in the next week
- Some file lists overlaps introduced by splitting the packages into libs and extras sub-packages will be adressed by RexDieter after the meeting
KDE 4 status/update:
- KevinKofler is committing soprano-1.95.0 for F-9 only
- F8 is branched for KDE4-related stuff
- KDE 3.94 (KDE4Beta3) will go into devel/F-9
- KDE4 seems to be the only application that uses this directory
- the easiest solution for the moment is to have soprano own /usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces
- The following things should be mentioned:
- KDE 3.5.8 (instead of KDE 3.5.7)
- kdepim-enterprise as a replacement of normal (but broken) kdepim
- knetworkmanager is replaced by nm-applet as a workaround because it not building against newest NetworkManager
How to get more people involved in KDE-Sig?
- The actual list of 16 "participants" is not really matching the few active "developers"
- The solution for this may be:
- Write to the listed participants and ask for more active involvement
- ask for help on fedora-devel-ml and announce that we are going to cull down the list
- cull down the list to the known-as-active contributors after one or two week. Leave the willing to help participants from the old list.
- Some more things should be mentioned in the wiki before writing the announcement (i.e. bug hunters)
Should we send weekly reports to fedora-devel-ml and/or Fedora Weekly News?
- SebastianVahl will sent weekly reports after the meetings to the fedora-devel-mailinglist
- The NetworkManager hack is only included on the live images, not the DVD
- knetworkmanager is still not building against NetworkManager
- knetworkmanager should maybe requested for removal from F8 until it works again
- krusader was removed from the livecd again to free some space for nm-applet
- It maybe could be re-added if the accident that perl is depending on db4-devel is fixed
(These comments are written after the meeting)