From Fedora Project Wiki
- 2008-10-07 16:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
- topics to discuss:
- Replacing gnome-packagekit with kpackagekit on KDE live images?
-  - Mysterious cmake failure on ppc64
- Plasma backports? (see also plasma-4.1-openSUSE)
- KMix multimedia key support (Kubuntu patch)
- find-lang-like macro for KDE documentation
- The decision of making kpackagekit the default on the live images was postponed to next week.
- So there will be some extra time to test kpackagekit.
Mysterious cmake failure on ppc64:
- ppc64 builds of kdepim always fail with various cmake errors.
- This also prevents us from fixing the broken libgnokii.so.3 dependency.
- It's unclear what's going wrong there.
Plasma backports? (see also plasma-4.1-openSUSE):
- OpenSUSE did some backports of plasma features in their KDE-4.1 version.
- At least the autohide functionality of the plasma panel is also interesting for us (and was also frequently requested).
- A problem will be that all these backports will be (mostly) untranslated until KDE-4.2.
- We'll try to backport the autohide functionality with avoiding the unnecessary string changes in it's translation.
- Another intersting one is the folderview backport with the ability to save icon positions across sessions.
- But here these changes aren't properly isolated and don't worth the trouble of a backport.
KMix multimedia key support:
- Kubuntu has implemented support for multimedia keys in kmix.
- KevinKofler isolated the needed changes.
- One big disadvantage is that the volume slider is always hardcoded to "Master:0".
- It also introduces some new strings that aren't translated yet.
- Another disadvantage is that Kubuntu's patch isn't send to upstream yet.
- We'll talk to the responsible Kubuntu maintainer first before making further decisions.
find-lang-like macro for KDE documentation:
- %find_lang doesn't has proper support for KDE documentation at the moment.
- It should be patched to better support the "--kde" parameter
- The currently used copy&pasted scripts could be avoided then.
- Another solution could be a macro in kde-filesystem.
- The advantage here will be that we could implement this earlier (though %find_lang is the better place for this).
(These comments are written after the meeting)