|Mail • Subscribe • Archives|
What to test?
Today's installment of Fedora Test Day will focus on Blivet-GUI in Anaconda
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion. In case of problem related to test day organization/wiki/whatever, please reach out to sumantrom.
- Development - Vojtěch Trefný (vtrefny), Martin Kolman (mkolman)
- Quality Assurance - Adam Williamson (adamw), Mike Ruckman (roshi), gmarr (coremodule), Sumantro Mukherjee (sumantrom)
Prerequisite for Test Day
- A system you can install Fedora to, and not mind if it breaks (ideally a real hardware machine, but VM testing is also useful)
- A Fedora 26 Alpha image to test with: download Workstation or Server
How to test?
Run the tests
Visit the result page and click on the column title links to see the tests that need to be run: most column titles are links to a specific test case. Follow the instructions there, then enter your results by clicking the Enter result button for the test.
If you have problems with any of the tests, report a bug to Bugzilla usually for the component blivet-gui. If you are unsure about exactly how to file the report or what other information to include, just ask on IRC and we will help you.
Anaconda will display an error dialog allowing you to report the problem to Bugzilla. This will also automatically attach logs, error message and traceback to the report -- this way of reporting bugs is preferred.
- Selecting "physical volume (LVM)" filesystem (when adding partition, LV etc.) crashes the installation. rhbz#1430349
Results transferred from the result page on 2017-04-10.
Guided storage configuration
|User||Profile||Software RAID||btrfs||LVM thin||ext3||xfs||No swap||References|
|pholica||UEFI in KVM||[long 3]|
|roshi||ASUS, i7, Samsung SSD|
|short-bike||f26 alpha - installed as VM|
|short-bike||f26 alpha - testcase partitioning custom no swap|
Installer Partitioning Test Cases
|User||Profile||Encrypted all||Encrypted mix||ext2||Existing LVM||Existing RAID||Root LVM||Swap LVM||Custom||Encrypted LVM on RAID||ext4 root||Uninitialized||References|
|roshi||ASUS, i7, Samsung SSD|
|saurabhthakre||Anaconda custom partitioning|
- Delete existing partitions. New -> Slect "physical volume (LVM)" from Filesystem dropdwon menu. An unknown error has occurred
- I had previously installed system with lvm vg across vda and vdb. When I selected only one drive, anaconda complains: "You selected disk vda, which contains devices that also use unselected disk vdb. You must select or de-select these disks as a set." I didn't understand why only one drive should be selected. Maybe I misunderstood the case.
- Again, I don't understand why only one drive, maybe this doesn't belong to the case, but anyway, I used only one drive. There is no "Click here to create them automatically". I just put /boot and / to ext3
- Ok. Blivet GUI is for "advanced" partitioning, that's fine. But there is the need to insert a password (that can be the same) for every partition. Note: /boot partition can not live in an encrypted volume, and this is displayed when finalizing partitionig (and preventing to continue), that is ok.
- again, the swap issue, it is not activated on boot (not an fstab issue, since systemd should autodetect it as far as I can understand) https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1439729#c3
- Hit https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1440150 when trying to use an extended partition, worked fine with primary partitions only.