This is an educational initiative towards the Fedora Ambassadors to educate and empower them with the required knowledge on the Fedora project and marketing knowledge.
Ambassadors are the front line of the fedora project, they mingle with communities and the public. Therefore knowing how to promote and marketing the fedora project give them added advantage to optimize the outcome. This Educational Initiative which is carried out as a Fedora Classroom Project will guide the new contributors towards a better understanding on how to market the fedora project in the right way, most accurately, its The FAms Way.
Further this can be identified as a discussion panel to share all FAms' experience towards the betterment of each of FAms. Therefore valued experienced FAms are also invited to empower the attendees by sharing their valuable thoughts and experiences.
What is this?
Please feel free to participate the classroom actively. More like a classroom where the instructor speak all the time, this is a kind of platform to share all the ideas and experiences. Facilitators are here to set the direction. The support materials are almost a guide only.
IRC #fedora-classroom , on freenode.net
|Date||Time (UTC)||Class topic||Duration||Level|
|2011-08-20||1300 UTC Your Time||Overview of the Fedora project and who are FAms||60 mins||Beginners, New Contributors|
|2011-09-11||1300 UTC Your Time||Fedora brand||30 mins||Beginners, New Contributors|
Handouts can be downloaded and the links will be activated and shown prior to the classroom. Later if you need any material for any event or promotion please feel free to use them. If special assistant is needed please contact the facilitator.
|Topic||Format||Link to download|
|Overview of the Fedora project and who are FAms||https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B-ZcWsgiHEbuNGI0YjIwYzUtYjVkMi00MzIzLThlZjEtYjQ1MDVkOGZlNGM3&hl=en_US|
I am Buddhika Kurera Fedora Ambassador from Sri Lanka. My experience with FOSS communities and works related with Leadership development and Marketing helped me a lot to arrange the content.
Feel free to contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org
Classroom #1 : Overview of the Fedora project and who are FAms
Meeting ended Sat Aug 20 14:21:07 2011 UTC. Classroom Logs
Please note your suggestions so that I can improve accordingly.
- example suggesions; please adjust the time and slides background - Bckurera 02:16, 15 August 2011 (UTC)
- Links - Dramsey 05:47, 17 August 2011 (UTC)
- Mailing Lists - Fedora Ambassadors, Fedora Marketing and others - Dramsey 05:47, 17 August 2011 (UTC)
- IRCs - #fedora-ambassadors #fedora and others - Dramsey 05:47, 17 August 2011 (UTC)
- Resources needed - swag and funding - Dramsey 05:47, 17 August 2011 (UTC)
- When is the next Fedora Classroom? - Dramsey 05:47, 17 August 2011 (UTC)
- For the Fedora Classroom, would you need to do demonstrations? - Dramsey 23:37, 28 August 2011 (UTC)
- Would something like http://moodle.org be to your advantage?
- Is this somewhere? - 14:12:45 <VileGent> bckurera: please put your pdfs on the wiki as well please - Dramsey 23:40, 28 August 2011 (UTC)