|IRC:||paragan on Freenode in|
I am using and working on Fedora since its first release Fedora 1. Even before that I used Red Hat Linux 7, 8 and 9 versions. I joined as a contributor to Fedora Project in 2006. I became package maintainer in 2006 and then Sponsor for packager group in early 2007. My first package contribution was gutenprint along with its dependency perl-perlmenu. I was a FESCo member for 2 years. I keep contributing to various upstream projects.
I do package maintenance which involves bug fixing, submitting downstream patches back to their upstream projects.
I have also done many package reviews in Fedora.
Contribution to WiKi Pages
- PackagingNotes --> This page describes Notes that i made while packaging tarballs.
- CommonRpmlintErrors -- > This page describes how to solve the common Rpmlint errors.
- FrequentlyMadeMistakes --> This page is about avoiding Frequently Made Mistakes while packaging RPMS.
Contribution to Fedora Packaging Guidelines
- Desktop files --> Drop usage of --vendor from .desktop files
- Langpack naming --> Langpacks packages naming guidelines
- Langpacks using Weakdeps --> Langpacks now installed using rpm's weak dependency feature
- Owned and Contributed to these various projects
Talks and Workshops
- RPM Package Review Hackfest, Flock 2014
- DNF - New Package Manager, FUDCon 2015
- Packaging Your Software, KDE India, 2016
- Globalizing Your Software, FOSSASIA, 2016
- Globalizing Your Software (Lab), FUDCon, 2016