The goal of this project is to provide a fedoraproject.org hosted application that will allow:
- anyone to learn about what spins are and how to use them
- users to be able to browse, download, and start using spins
- developers to customize & build their own spins
- spin reviewers to approve/deny incoming spin submissions
- administrators to control the build process
- Fedora project members to track and view metrics on which Spins are most popular
The overarching goal of spins is to make Fedora more accessible to folks who want to try it as it's a no risk way to 'install' Fedora, as well as to provide a mechanism for customizing Fedora for specific tasks to showcase its abilities (for example, the Electronics spin or the Art Studio spin.)
How to make a spin webpage
- Instructions for people looking to make a webpage for a Fedora spin can be found at Spin webpage creation SOP.
- Users - Who are our users?
- User Tasks - What should our users be able to do?
- Sitemap Design - What is the overall flow/structure of the application?
- Wireframe Designs - What kinds of information will be on the screens in the application?
- Screen Mockups - What will screens in the application look like?
- What is a spin Content - content for the "What is a Spin?" page
- 30 June, 2008 - spins.fpo test instance, what is a spin, spins sitemap, development discussion
Related Places on the Wiki
If you would like to join, please add your name below and apply to the Spins Websites group in the Fedora Accounts system. The following people are signed up for tasks related to this project so they are considered members of the project team:
- Clint Savage (herlo)
- Ian Weller (ianweller)
- Jeroen van Meeuwen (kanarip)
- Máirín Duffy (mizmo)
- Max Spevack (spevack)
- Ricky Zhou (ricky)
|Project||Assignees||Next Milestone||Status Summary|
|Finish workflows for each use case||mizmo||7 July 2008 - next team meeting||Almost finished with 'user' use case; need to do devel, reviewer, and admin|
|Finish wireframes for key pages||mizmo||7 July 2008||Wireframe for home completed, need to start wireframe for others including 'My Spins' and 'Search'|
|Create What is a spin content||herlo||7 July 2008||Some progress has been made, see What is a spin page.|
|Collect all spins on BT (short-term hack)||spevack||7 July 2008||?|
|spins.fp.o test instance||spevack & ricky||7 July 2008||?|
|Patch "Get Fedora"||spevack||7 July 2008||In the process of being redone, so it should get added in|
|Search, s.fp.o front page, individual pages HTML/CSS||mizmo & ianweller||7 July 2008||need to finish wireframes and mockups first|
|Search backend, metadata||herlo||7 July 2008||?|
|FEL, Games, XFCE for F9 on BT||kanarip||7 July 2008||?|
- How to get content from wiki to static pages on website