|Line 94:||Line 94:|
== Transcript ==
== Transcript ==
*Log (Text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-
*Log (Text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011--/apac.2011---04..log.txt
== Summary ==
== Summary ==
Revision as of 05:06, 12 November 2011
- 2011-11-12 04:00 UTC Click here to convert to local time
- #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.net
- Meetings go for just over one hour, but sometimes go longer.
This week's APAC Ambassadors Meeting will be lead by Dramsey
- Luke Martinez, asmartgoat
- Heherson Pagcaliwagan, azneita
- Buddhika Chandradeepa Kurera, bckurera
- Engels Antonio, born2linux
- Ankur Sinha, FranciscoD
Haowei Lee, Haowei
- Harish Pillay, harishpillay
- Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail, KageSenshi
- Caius Chance, Kaio
- Moniruzzaman Monir, kalpurush
- Magie Antonio, magie
- Mahay Alam Khan, maktrix
- Sureshkumar Packiyarajah, Suresht
- Abhishek Singh, aks
- as well as other great ambassadors!!! :)
- Please follow IRC Meeting Protocol and guidelines
- Try using the MeetBot commands and more MeetBot commands
- Ambassador Pinging - Your name, Where your located, etc.
- For example ".fas dramsey My name is dramsey, from Japan and I use Fedora 15 from a DVD and Fedora 16 from an .ISO."
- News from FAmSCo
- We will skip this topic if there is no news from FAmSCo or a FAmSCo representative
- News & Ideas from Ambassadors Country wise
- Interviewed by local newspapers and media...ect
- Having any issues[ie:Does getting media or swag, cost tax for you?,budget issues for organizing event..]
- Special needs.
- How to spread Fedora Project and distributing fedora media to lack of ambassador counties?["there are few counties eg:Thailand..ect without fedora ambassadors"]
- Review *ACTION* items from the last meeting 
- Report of past Events & current Status of upcoming events - Fedora Events
- Please Note:Event reports should have evidence[ie:photos+blog post]
- Other future APAC events.
- Working on next APAC FUDCon 2012[likely it will happen['China' or 'Malayisia' or 'philippines']]
- FAD/LCA/Meet Up/Fedora awareness/Release Party.
- APAC plans for F16-verne
- Fedora 16 Release Events! - Fedora 16 Release Events!
- Talk about Media, Swag, Sticker and other needs as well as media distribution. ==> helps Harish and Kaio with Fedora 16 planning
- Fedora 16 - Add your requests here at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/APAC/F16
- Locally created media / swag as an option? ==> strongly suggests inquiry on funding your initiatives FAmSCo Trac
- Use that Fedora "This is free media" form during sending of media between countries to avoid the tax problem.
- What would be useful for you? Item and quantity!!!
- Nice graphic at EMEA on F15 Shipping
- Fedora 16 Ambassadors Team Tasks
- Review and plan your Fedora 16 needs, for example media, swag and anything else.
- APAC plans for 2012
- There will be two fedora release(f17 and f18) so we have to schedule two major events for the particular release.
- Year end Ambassadors report[draft i will work on it]
- announcing open source computation among the university students level and select first place from every region and let them participate for next APAC FUDCon 2012[draft i will work on it]
- Pinging inactive ambassadors.
- Red Hat information training for Ambassadors
- Developing our fellow Ambassadors not just APAC but all regions with Red Hat information training. ==> dramsey need support from FAmSCo
- FYI Study Group URL from herlo at System Administration Study Guide
- Who is interested in getting certified? ==> dramsey strongly suggests doing so
- Discussion on the classroom initiative by bckurera https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Bckurera/The_FAms_Way ==> bckurera
- Open Floor
- Any Ideas that you have in your mind?
- Log: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-11-12/apac.2011-11-12-04.02.log.html
- Log (Text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-11-12/apac.2011-11-12-04.02.log.txt
- Minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-10-29/apac.2011-10-29-04.05.html
- Minutes (text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-10-29/apac.2011-10-29-04.05.txt
- See APAC Meeting Minutes for the next meeting date and time.