What is the Campus Ambassadors program?
The Campus Ambassadors program is connected to the larger Fedora Ambassadors project. Where most Ambassadors focus on their region or country, Campus Ambassadors focus on promoting Fedora at their schools -- high schools and universities around the world.
Why does Campus Ambassadors exist?
- To build up individual Fedora communities on campuses, and provide resources for students to organize events and contribute their code and ideas to Fedora.
- To help students network with other open source and Fedora contributors, and lay the groundwork for potential summer internships
- To create a fun and exciting network of passionate, dedicated people to spearhead Fedora's presence on college campuses
- To work with faculty and students both to promote free and open source software on campus
What do Campus Ambassadors get?
- Opportunities to learn and increase your knowledge about Fedora, Linux and Open Source.
- Create a name for yourself and network with a world class team of people who put together and run the most cutting edge distro and community out there.
- Have your blog aggregated on Planet Fedora.
- A great opportunity to learn and develop communication skills.
- Lots of experience doing community-driven marketing.
- Stipends for running an event (pizza, soda, etc.).
- Swag to give out at events supporting Fedora.
- Possible sponsorship to other Fedora events, such as FUDCon.
What is required of Campus Ambassadors?
- One tech talk per semester highlighting Fedora and/or Fedora-related technologies.
- Let us know an event is taking place by posting to the wiki and the mailing list.
- An event report and blog post as a followup.
- Work with faculty and staff to find new ways and opportunities for Fedora on your campus.
- Be a self-starter and identify other ways in which we can help YOU!
- Attend periodic IRC meetings to help coordinate efforts.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other Fedora presence on/near your campus.
How do I become a Campus Ambassador?
- Ask yourself if you're up to the task
- Ask for membership in your FAS group
- Join and introduce yourself on the mailing list.
- You'll get a mentor apointed
- If you're menter thinks your up for the task, you will get sponsored into the group
- Join the IRC Channels #fedora-campusamb at irc.freenode.net.
- Get going!!
Current Campus Ambassadors
- Anissa BHAR (anissa) - ISET Charguia, Tunis, Tunisia (Charguia, Tunis, Tunisia)
- Aveek Sen (aveek) - National Institute of Technology, Agartala, India (Agartala, Tripura, India)
- Aveek Mukherjee (aveekmukh90) - Heritage Institute of Technology,Kolkata ,India (Kolkata, West Bengal, India)
- Arka Bhattacharya (arkab1990) - Heritage Institute of Technology,Kolkata ,India (Kolkata, West Bengal, India)
- Adam Miller (maxamillion) - Sam Houston State University (Huntsville, Texas)
- Trever Fischer (tdfischer) - The University of Akron (Akron, Ohio)
- Pramod S G (neoxyle) - Reva Institute of Technology and Management (Bangalore, India)
- Salvadesswaran Srinivasan (SalvaSsn) - SSN College of Engineering (Chennai, India)
- Vikas Singh (vikassingh008) - National Institute of Technology (Durgapur, India)
- Pankaj Kumar (pankaj4u4m) - SASTRA University (Thanjavur,Tamilnadu,India)
- Er Qi Yang (qiyang) - Nanyang Technological University (Singapore)
- Giuseppe Coviello (cjg) - University of studies of Naples "Parthenope" (Italy)
- Scott Seiersen (sseiersen) - Anne Arundel Community College (Arnold, Maryland US)
- Chitpaseuth (dolphin) - Nanyang Technological University (Singapore)
- Derrick Dymock (Ac-town) - Oregon State University (Oregon)
- Bert Desmet (biertie) - Kaho Sint-Lieven (Ghent, Belgium)
- Ryan Rix (PhrkOnLsh) - Deer Valley High School (Phoenix, Arizona US)
- Larry Cafiero (lcafiero) - Cabrillo College (Aptos, California, US)
- Wael Ammar (Thecyber) - ESPRIT, Ecole Supérieur Privée d'Ingénieurie et de Technologies (Pole El Ghazela, Tunis, Tunisie)
- sai ganesh (tuxicon) - SASTRA University (Thanjavur,Tamilnadu,India)
- Ayush Maheshwari (hakmn) - University College of Engg.Raj. Tech. Univ., Kota
- Carl Walker (nullsys) - The Open University (United Kingdom)
- Jurijs Kolomijecs (jurikolo) - Transport and Telecommunication Institute (Latvia)