The following elections take place in January 2018:
All the periods below start at 00:00:00UTC and end at 23:59:59UTC)
- Dec 15 - Jan 02: Selection of questions from Questionnaire
- Jan 03 - Jan 10: Nomination period
- Jan 11 - Jan 15: Interviews
- Jan 16 - Jan 16: Voting Setup & Validation & Publishing of interviews
- Jan 17 - Jan 24: Voting period
- Jan 25: Result Announcement
Selection of questions from Questionnaire
During the cancelled Autumn 2017 election period was collected set of questions for nominees to FESCo (Engineering), Fedora Council and Mindshare teams. Based on Council decision top 3 questions are going to be selected, where these selected questions will be given to each candidate to answer before voting period begins as part of campaign.
Questions are selected for the following teams:
The top 3 selected questions for each team are published in Pagure.
Nominations for Elected Positions
During this period you may self-nominate to open seats. If you wish to nominate someone else, please consult with that person ahead of time. Wiki nomination pages carry additional details about the nominee which the nominee is expected to write.
Currently opened nominations:
Nominees are requested to answer selected questions using private issue in Pagure. In this way only Election Wrangler and Fedora Action and Impact Coordinator (as election wrangler substitute) are allowed to see these answers.
Voting Setup & Validation & Publishing of interviews
It is responsibility of Election wrangler to validate eligibility of nominees for elections. In compliance with Fedora Council decision #135 nominees not having completed their interviews (as a private issue in Pagure) are excluded from the list of nominees.
The Fedora Elections Guide has information on the voting method used in the Fedora elections and detailed instructions on how to cast your vote.
If you are familiar with the voting process, you may go straight to the voting site to cast your votes.
Voting eligibility is determined by a community member's Fedora Account System (FAS) memberships.
To vote for the Council you must have cla_done in FAS.
To vote for FESCo you must have cla_done + one other "non-cla" group in FAS.
To vote for Mindshare you must have cla_done group in FAS.
Post Election Tasks
- Adjust the Council mailing list subscriptions.
- Update the Council wiki page.
- Update permissions on Council Pagure instance
- Update rights on the FESCo Pagure instance.
- Update the FESCo wiki page.
- Update the FESCo history page.
- Award new members the fesco badge.
- Adjust the Mindshare mailing list subscriptions ?
- Update permissions on Mindshare Pagure instance ?
- Update the Mindshare wiki page.
- Elections in August 2017
- Elections in December 2016
- Elections in July 2016
- Elections in Nov/Dec 2015
- Elections in June 2015
- Elections in January 2015
- Elections in Nov/Dec 2012
- Elections in May/June 2012
- Elections in November 2011
- Elections in June 2011
- Elections in November 2010
- Elections in May 2010
- Elections in December 2009
- December 2008