|2009-10-22||From 12:00 to 21:00 UTC (8am -> 5pm EDT)||#fedora-test-day (webirc)|
- 1 WARNING! The site is still under construction
- 2 What to test?
- 3 Who's available
- 4 Prerequisite for Test Day
- 5 How to test?
WARNING! The site is still under construction
What to test?
For "Extended tuned"
- yum install tuned
- service tuned start
- cpu, disk and net devices should adapt to usage (monitor using strace e.g.)**
- If ktune is enabled check if the system settings for the current profile are being applied and restored when stopping the service
For "System tuning configuration and profiles"
- Run the new system tuning tool and list the different available profiles using:
- tuned-adm list
- Run the new system tuning tool and select one of the profiles. Restart the machine afterwards and make sure the profile is being used at startup
- tuned-adm modes laptop-battery-powersave
- tuned-adm modes default
- tuned-adm modes throughput-performance
For "New tool to measure improvements to system configuration changes or application changes"
- yum install tuned-utils
- run scomes
- change system settings
- run scomes again
- compare restults
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Development - Phil Knirsch, Marcela Maslanova (marcela on irc), Petr Lautrbach, Jiri Skala (skalnik on irc)
- Quality Assurance - David Pravec (dpravec), Jan Scotka
Prerequisite for Test Day
- A system with some kind of network connection
- Rawhide (tips on installing Rawhide below)
- The rpm file will be prepared to install all test cases inclusive necessary dependences. (the link will be here)
- Your hardware profile uploaded to Smolt according to these instructions
How to test?
Update your machine
See the instructions on the Rawhide page on the various ways in which you can install or update to Rawhide. Or:
|QA:Testcase_Power_Management_tuned-adm||measuring tuned profiles with bltk||tuned-adm and bltk|
|QA:Testcase_Power_Management_personal||Typical use of computer (Do whatever you are normally doing)||?|
|QA:Testcase_Power_Management_Tuned||Measuring differencies with and without tuned||?|
|QA:Testcase_Power_Management_init_1||Some measures in lowest runlevel. FTP working, copying of files, bzipping archive||?|
|QA:Testcase_Power_Management_bltk||3 workloads (Idle, OO, reader) measure power consumption of simulated reproducable load||OpenOffice is required during bltk installation, Firefox|
|QA:Testcase_Power_Management_scomes||measuring and collecting data with scomes tool||latest tuned-utils, kernel-debuginfo|
Construct a table or list to allow testers to post results. Each column should be a test case or configuration, and each row should consist of test results. For example:
|User||Smolt Profile||Sample test 1||Sample test 2||Sample test 3||Sample test 4||References|
|User:FasUser||HW||PASS||PASS||FAIL ||PASS|| |