Karsten Wade (KarstenWade)
IRC: quaid on #fedora-docs, #fedora-devel, #svlug, #sluglug
Direct dial -- use a local number from the Fedora talk server extension 5100038
I am a community wrangler, demangler, and gardener, working for a team at Red Hat of community catalysts, a.k.a. Community Architecture. Read up on my #Goals to get a better idea of the work I am doing. For technical skills, you can consider me to be equivalent to a senior systems administrator and senior technical writer, i.e., I know enough to myself in to trouble and half way back out again.
This section covers current work and personal goals that are all relevant to my work in Community Architecture, which includes Fedora and other community goals. Each goal has a corresponding task section on User:Quaid/Tasks for goals.
Community goals for 2009
These goals are effective starting February 2009 and continue through calendar year 2009 until the end of fiscal year 2010 in February 2010.
Open source ISV ecosystem
- Grow the visible presence of open source ISVs in Fedora and related projects.
- Packaging of various open source applications.
- Beyond packaging in the distro to appliances and live OS usage.
- SIG membership increased by N measurement.
- Help ISV Special Interest Group members to get as many packages in F11 as possible.
- Possible features?
- Hold ISV SIG Virtual Summit 2009 to work on F11 items?
- Hold ISV SIG Summit at OSCON 2009 with anyone attending OSCON?
- Hold ISV SIG Summit at Red Hat Summit JBoss World 2009 with anyone attending.
- Catalyze communication between RHEL and EPEL around common problems and solutions
- Grow activity in the group
- Increased mailing list traffic by X
- Increased packagers and users by Y
- Requires some knowledge of who is using EPEL
- Can RHN provide this for RHEL customers?
- Requires some knowledge of who is using EPEL
- Connect this growth back to growth in ISVs in Fedora
- Get Z ISVs involved
- Gather community-building knowledge from across Fedora
- Output wiki pages and categories as a knowledge base
- Find several maintainers to assist in ongoing maintenance and growth of knowledge base
- Fedora-specific knowledge primarily
- Measurably grow the wider community involvement as participants and contributors to FreeIPA.
- Measurement currently unset
- Work with Red Hat and general community members
JBoss and Fedora integration points
- Seek places for integration of community project efforts
- JPackage.org/Java packaging
- JBoss.org packages in Fedora/EPEL
- Community activity days
- Cross-participants, cross-contributors
- Complete transition of leadership and responsibilities
- Provide mentoring to leadership and new members
- Assist in all aspects of the project
- Work to maintain similar mentor, student, proposal, and acceptance statistics as previous year
- For example, Google is running a tighter GSoC than previous years; maintaining status quo for Fedora would be an excellent result
- Grow Summer coding marketing expertise from within Fedora
- Work with mentors from http://JBoss.org (presuming joint project groupings again)
Personal training and development goals 2009
These are goals for my personal development, related to training or other enrichment.
Re-up RHCE status for RHEL 5.
Red Hat University
Take 3 RHU courses in addition to any required courses.
Sugar and OLPC work
Details under User:Quaid/XO development plan.
Current and ongoing community development travel.
SCaLE_7x_Event+ Fedora_Activity_Day_at_SCaLE_7x -- 20 to 22 Feb
- Computer-Using Educations (CUE) -- 5 to 7 Mar (Palm Springs, CA)
- Software Developers (SD) West -- 10 to 12 Mar (Santa Clara, CA) Expo ISVs
- Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit -- 8 to 10 April (San Francisco, CA)
- MySQL Conf -- ~20 to 23 April (San Jose, CA)
- LinuxFest_Northwest_(LFNW)_2009 -- 25, 26 April (Bellingham, WA)
- OSCON_2009 + FAD -- 20 to 24 July (San Jose, CA)
- UTOSC? + FAD -- Summer (Salt Lake City, UT)
- RH Summit? + FAD -- 1 to 4 Sep (Chicago, IL)
Who is this guy really?
I am ...
- one of the Ambassadors, mainly in the Western United States ...
- a writer, editor, and rabble-rouser of the Docs Project ...
- a former Fedora Project Board member ...
- the second and longest overdone Docs Project leader/chair ...
- doing small things for the Websites team ...
- a junior member of the Infrastructure project ...
- one of the many Marketing marketeers ...
- ... a user of Fedora.
In my non-Fedora and non-Red Hat life I am ...
- a father and husband ...
- a resident of Santa Cruz, California, USA ...
- an organic urban homesteader ...
- a bicyclist ...
- a community activist ...
- a humanitarian ...
- usually happy. :)
Location: Santa Cruz, CA, USA (Pacific Time Zone)
pub 1024D/AD0E0C41 2003-11-26 Key fingerprint = 2680 DBFD D968 3141 0115 5F1B D992 0E06 AD0E 0C41 uid Karsten G. Wade (quaid|phig) <email@example.com> uid Karsten Wade <firstname.lastname@example.org> uid Quaid <email@example.com> uid Karsten 'quaid' Wade (i, quaid) <firstname.lastname@example.org> uid Karsten Wade (personal) <email@example.com> sub 1024g/C07806E8 2003-11-26
GPG Public Key:
-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK----- Version: GnuPG v1.2.6 (GNU/Linux) mQGiBD/ELnYRBAC6F/yxbhoHQvkf6K4PhoEyHR/a6TooVe0kmpgIrl12a9qWT2/0 CMnhtNaFsHUh1gD7FHNXVPlU7Fc/8ZGrZ/nsBwpL3Op64UuWTyh0DFU0L+9v2MnJ aioazy8ubYNMLgDkh/oe8lDbEeADytDOyB1q9Ihb65XGn8AC1hVX0+lAjwCg54yL VbHs7cZjqnvnvDKi4KlvSVsD/A6zIFzuwhzxBT1gIqCf9+nMWyZcf3uKlN++3+v8 RcUemQ6mCZjxyBPm4QRzEXLsMEWa0fUFLHlnvwLIEAZHlJzfxd/irB+pdHWtFya4 rKI1uPcjpeg1aHUS/HLjWt+mKpSoAE1wmoPPPiXqXGvuNTw2Coc7LQsa4LVFOTv/ d56CA/48IUfUkxpa6YSSHfHW9sWGz1GywBobp/dgV5MiHH5esA9JbLJVlfpGf0Al cQSWXgXd/RDdGkN/iTfB9FD1GpSp8xsDdvkv+QuAnC1mBQQ7n2ifDfYsMgLn4wwb ybh+hc6pxSaeVGOQTux6blktRpkBdhnjwUuZdOr2RaXMGUJGu7Q2S2Fyc3RlbiBH LiBXYWRlIChxdWFpZHxwaGlnKSA8a2Fyc3RlbkBrYXJzdGVud2FkZS5jb20+iFwE ExECABwECwcDAgMVAgMDFgIBAh4BAheAAhkBBQI/xC55AAoJENmSDgatDgxBZ+MA njxTj6v4KVINtNb7qr6Djs1cfN1ZAJ9CE2s/d9cy3GcUzaMYG9bUuQFSBohGBBAR AgAGBQJAOukEAAoJEBm7jQaV99g7yEwAoMv8pkPT8xFoN4n1N6dPbuV+G/3IAKCb K0i2tOrtCcOv9p8oydHchLwc84hGBBIRAgAGBQI/xEBeAAoJEFVJ0M901oo/yR8A nAgqtnCRAq5h3FuKXOcsOOBPA02VAJ487CsSQo45MAuLlH/IgHt4FfuCsYkCHAQT AQIABgUCQDriEQAKCRAPJ00hlI+PBqsTEAC40SokbnCN/aChDpRq8jDEVOM5zACy QIlUPhwZrC+N36arXz+VKd/QfT3dNXDB6ng7Ero189He7EWmUJu3iL9y/bwCxNQy L8JbfNfqSi+i6p4xDA6UcqzgXdH++p1X2waTAn5u63p1HRi8/+cvRaJWuMi/yAdF pRqZAfZayW7bC2qa1I3AjzOK3LwozxWOMcHRHXwAKfeismzgiuT3vK5r38caUCmd ZbNIq44KI00Vpe7yNk7LMLINT1fwkzjtgsMEawrhO6G/eXo9Aj9LLr7vtYRgEZxz 6Ptj2QQKPQzjOBa2pcjxqn+FEZHsqwX/6VipqgZQWsG5dZyB3aCnXRxRe39IEV4C RKd6j/UPubG8mUANMrpU8bowHxDY5RUg18rY5HcgNrsYjYL/bh/uK6kIjmkYj9Yc nLzFYWhzSLTBMDLwR3D3VvBhAYDRsAgEHB7ducTjFHurVrCT2MpR+ZjYIeRJqmn4 tZoJb/2ZN/jHOAAmki+FUKQat3HMuJzZIIOlgCSP0OpMn9US76NK2Ozap7U7JomN uJMKpgNTX4FQAcLaCMz2fPf6wqWaaL87ebBSi4zUx+ON45QLTkXpPhFanJDyAgnR SvQKC/YG8gDip5WCRL3DNiXbpueruIfix6ojxFEsme0bcFf9XsyLohM2tO5zoAUp b7NA0V+DTXpDhIkCHAQTAQIABgUCQDvlqQAKCRAdYunJN23Ox3hoD/46/YhlHBR0 Lx7SkUh6DMm3RS19+7NE8fjHcGtMJPKuyTU26ARfrgd7zzuRIddSoeTfYR+RuxwT GTibst6cOC/IGUgH6KAseipYijziszGGahHLekAnKfN66KQgm4i9Td954Xui5VEb jGsKVNUjW94kEwklYNKLWB4jqiOuHVpsjnGs3BVRYEXSc1PExjlXqXtUMgOhWTeZ 6bak08gz46g6l/xbIZf8IjtLuQBceVJHiy2H/WqQwPUYNklBLf7fT/m81ccA6tTd EGTgw+mTd0Pasm+oNFbD9pIAabi8PK1GEErUE3i1byaccV3xhs1fxw0pNxdUxuYq StI5bVcUAd1BsMHf92HJTlWmj8SCFbLzgDXdcjzN8YYwZhHqBbnPHFdkvmuOhUe1 JUcQBnrgy8j6vQFXGw7WxVXddozJ1shppPsPeUFpLwk3N1iZqCuH5Jg1+FyGS1tN nt+wwjAwUjQ5MiZ9M+eBy8SYFbokqtHE+WTPy2AzxhylmUzGS8vMbLR5suNcpDS/ miiYHBjpq+fQR0F1VlKZ7BX+S72PsuPl8uh1LTcvVteoAzyKrlBMiRUf3W/BSqHy JhlV8ZqKhrXVjG5vaFGtzwtMiP8yVGt3bFjysYj2x6nQxBh/bTEBNDG7t5CeFdbu BJHgxXH0QUZXHXEzlsL7bTziWeIaDtoT84hGBBMRAgAGBQJADw+pAAoJEMYpcg/b 0Jty78IAn31ChzNqwn01y6eAoEC3vWuDe0mjAKCdZOimECLKV3TPxkBGLz/UJ+cD N4hGBBMRAgAGBQJAOs+6AAoJEFBURa3lc26YkwsAoJqHjYtkS25Fa5UOQ6Yvdg2h C6aeAJwMM30EOaQZeBBjeDHDbSvfOgtVEohGBBMRAgAGBQJAPAKgAAoJEBzI096z HhCrQlYAoKfi3WYCkASLrbNhyztH6EACFjARAJsHdYQlPffxE7j81LxyTWhO382c +rQfS2Fyc3RlbiBXYWRlIDxrd2FkZUByZWRoYXQuY29tPohcBBMRAgAcAhsDBAsH AwIDFQIDAxYCAQIeAQIXgAUCQIbtowAKCRDZkg4GrQ4MQXGXAKDiGymeo/b2bPC2 1LsXFOByVg9JVwCfdf+HdbR2AwPFXonMBhWy9CyWexy5AQ0EP8QueBAEAIpKHhDa QmRPFtEeLS0I++YixQlkuD5OjRboV9qeL0EF/2q7N9SMJAa3GNbsft+pzl5v/eEJ swOOrY+OALBrHzPxMl0ylvNMjPm10W3Zpb2Ero5ZILcoT1TtZkxzXajb2Phuq3Am ye24D+a21QtUkcKZm5q+nVpGoSLfCBPRdv9vAAMFA/98qg6SWdUZ44x1YQB98yRa aJPgZdlsIp9nLvzdEieJwrsy+hbemmTKt5KMCk0L3sRSVfrkoGw0N9/KdMtiAUAi vpnegTvekkDteTTe0LeY1ogqufCD1k38a+b1pyeR+U5C3X920vKX/qLmxnIqzKy6 XKBzYylKqp1P5yPrcYgqUIhGBBgRAgAGBQI/xC54AAoJENmSDgatDgxBEiUAnA2H 5CGvsy/ocrJE+AwLLq+4pIQcAJ97rWKbicwWE46i89+LYJoQsqSkgA== =7MeT -----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----