- 1 Open source video resources for the community. By the community.
- 2 Fedora Video Pages
- 3 Fedora Videos Team
- 4 Tasks
- 5 Categories
- 6 Collecting Videos
- 7 Video uploads
- 8 Music uploads
- 9 Video Features
- 10 How to submit a Video ?
- 11 Fun Corner
- 12 Suggestions
Open source video resources for the community. By the community.
Welcome to the Fedora Community video library of the best screencasts and tech talks created to teach you about Fedora. Here you will find the resources to help you confidently install Fedora, navigate and customize your desktop, and master the multitude of mature and cutting-edge open source applications it runs.
Discover how to harness your productivity and unleash your creativity from people just like you who use Fedora everyday both professionally and personally. The resources are right here to guide you to your next goal. The community is eager for you to join them.
A Solution. An Adventure.
Just ask yourself one question, “What do I want to accomplish today?”
Here are some ideas:
- I just discovered Fedora. How do I install it? I’ve installed it, now where are the applications? Can I customize my desktop, and if so, how?
- I’m not sure how to capture video with my webcam. Can someone show me, step by step, how to set it up and share the recording?
- I’m a developer. What tools are available on Fedora for Python? Does Fedora provide a web server with PHP? How do I set up Ruby on Rails so that I can create a web application? Where do I find more Gems, Eggs, Pears and Modules?
- I use Evolution and have an idea for an improvement. Can I contact Evolution’s developers? Could I even participate in designing a feature for the next version?
- I want to talk about Fedora. How do I share my blog with the Fedora Community?
Browse the categories below and explore all the possibilities Fedora has to offer. (If you already know what you’re looking for, use the search (Is there going to be a search feature?)). Can’t find a video that matches your needs? Let the community know.
Whether you're looking at your Fedora desktop as a gateway to an exciting new adventure or you already know what you want to do and just need instructions, Fedora videos can help you complete your goals today and in the future.
Fedora Video Pages
- Fedora Video Guidelines
- Fedora Video License
- Fedora Video Categories
- Ideas and Inspiration for Creating Videos
Fedora Videos Team
- Nitesh Narayan Lal 'niteshnarayanlal'
- Mark Terranova 'MarkDude'
- Maria "tatica" Leandro 'tatica'
- Buddhika Kurera 'bckurera'
- Onuralp SEZER 'thunderbirdtr'
- Ankur Sinha 'FranciscoD'
- Sarah White 'graphite6'
- Dan Allen 'mojavelinux'
- Tatica will bring a couple of ideas for intro/outro
- Create a "how to submit a video" guidelines - FranciscoD,Thunderbirdtr,zoltanh7211
- Graphitefriction will work on "start message" and "welcome wiki" - also on mail invitations
- Thunderbirdtr make the "main" page of the wiki.
- Create respresenative (model) videos that follow the guidelines and interest of the community
- Check that the branding is being used correctly and provide recommendations
- Motivate people to send us their videos and link Fedora-Videos on their content
- Come up with a script for branding, such as the opening title, translations, etc.
- Check appropriated licences for media.
- Video sources "MUST" be available (for Fedora people and not f-people)
- Check twice for videos content(s) (license, model release agreement)
- Create a guidelines for official videos - bckurera, tatica and Nitesh Guidelines first draft
- Create a guidelines for submit and publish videos - bckurera, tatica and Nitesh Guidelines first draft
- Categorize video sections by interests or teams - Nitesh Guidelines first draft
- Check privacy, licenses and Ads for each service and Check on HTML5 alternatives who link you to the theora - FranciscoD: Analysis
- Fedora Videos License Choice https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Thunderbirdtr/Fedora_Videos_License_Choice
- First Approach
- Desktop Environments
- Base System
- Fedora SPINS
- Direct share
- Wikimedia Commons
- Youtube (check privacy)
- Direct downloads
- Archive.org (audio place)
- Wikimedia Commons
- Common comment linking to website and/or archives.org for direct theora downloads
- Guidelines is needed to follow if we want to make them official (a simple one)
- Verification is needed to consider the video official.
- Video is official once, we send them a short 3sec intro/out video section of Fedora logo
- Videos must follow a template to make their translation easier
- Categorize videos using "join" teams
How to submit a Video ?
- Video(s) must pass to submit progress.First you have to read this progress,As long as keep share video for Fedora
Videos so Far
Official Announcements & Events
-Country A *Event Name -2012 *Event Name -2011 -Country B -...
-How To Videos -Installation *Fedora *Software (s) & Packages(will be further sub-categorized based on the name of the application) *Plug in (s) & others -Getting Started With an Application *(Videos like FranciscoD vim can be placed here)
How To Join Fedora
-Marketing Team -Design Team -Fedora-Devel -Fedora-KDE -..
Drop There Video Links
-(Here a users can drop them video links for our preview or you can contact us so that you can send us videos (This is not part of official page)
-For those who just want to contribute by giving there videos We will be have list of them as per there contribution
- How we enjoy our time at FUDCon FUDCon Video
- India https://secure.flickr.com/photos/tags/fudconin11/
- https://picasaweb.google.com/114699601069175649671/InteruniversitarioDeSoftwareLibreUDEM#5658339812597268498 Pics from * http://www.flickr.com/groups/flisol-venezuela-2010 Flisol pics from Maria Leandro