What's happening now
This is a project to redesign http://get.fedoraproject.org and http://spins.fedoraproject.org that is being undertaken during the F12 release cycle by the Websites team with assistance from Design and Infrastructure.
Redesign the get.fedoraproject.org and spins.fedoraproject.org sites in a way that fits the requirements. We will determine metrics for improvement during the feedback-gathering phases, but in general, we want more Fedora contributors, and our strategy for this is getting more Fedora users.
The Board's goals in the Website redesign are:
- To make Fedora fresh, attractive, and inclusive for potential participants and contributors
- To more effectively promote a single instance of Fedora that satisfies the computing needs of the average person
- To provide an improved showcase opportunity for Fedora spins created by the community
See Website redesign 2009 requirements for get.fedoraproject.org and spins.fedoraproject.org design requirements.
- 22 July 2010 Máirín posted a post-mortem for get.fpo
- 21 July 2010 Máirín blogged the history of this project from the beginning until now
- 20 July 2010 The latest www.fpo mockups were discussed at the design team weekly meeting
- 19 July 2010 Fedoracommunity.org initial mockups posted to Fedora Planet
- ?? May 2010 new get.fedoraproject.org site went live
- ?? Nov 2009 new spins.fedoraproject.org site went live
- 21 Aug 2009 Websites weekly meeting, Fri 2009-08-21 - schedule created
- 20 August 2009 Meeting:Board_meeting_2009-08-20#Spins_and_Download_site_redesign - formal requirements approved
- 13 August 2009 Meeting:Board_meeting_2009-08-13#Spins_and_Download_site_redesign - first mockups presented
- 30 July 2009 2009-07-30 Board meeting - Board decides to do project; initial requirements discussion
Website_redesign/Boneyard - Outdated content from this wiki page
Old design for reference: