Dnf Langpack Plugin
A dnf plugin that allows langpacks to be installed/removed for the given languages using its commands.
- Name: Parag Nemade
- Email: pnemade at fedoraproject dot org
- Release notes owner:
This is similar to what we have yum langpacks plugin which is already a Features/YumLangpackPlugin in Fedora but there is one missing thing that this plugin currently does not provide automatic installation of langpacks which is under development. Therefore I am proposing this as basic langpacks plugin that provides all the required commands for langpacks only.
Benefit to Fedora
Users will get langpacks for the given language installed using single langinstall command. Langpacks plugin also provide commands langremove to remove already installed langpacks, langinfo to find what packages will get installed for any language and langavailable to find if langpacks are available for the given languages.
- Proposal owners: implement langpacks plugin
- Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Release engineering: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
How To Test
With single commands users can install or remove or query langpacks for requested languages.
No Other Change depend on this.
- Contingency mechanism: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Contingency deadline: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Blocks release? N/A (not a System Wide Change), Yes/No
- Blocks product? product
- Need to add about this in the Documentation_I18n_Beat