Env and Stacks
This is the home for the Environment and Stacks working group which is the team of people working on making Fedora the preferred platform for software development and deployment in any language or application stack. This working group is focusing on the so called "Ring 2" of the future Fedora, as described by Matthew Miller in his talk about Fedora.next. Unlike other working groups, this group does not produce a specific product. Rather, along with the Base working group, it will help design the shared core on which everything is built, as well as "building blocks" on top of that.
The Fedora Environment and Stacks Working Group will research and develop new or improved methods of developing, testing, packaging and deploying software for the Fedora community.
(This statement was approved during the January 28, 2014 meeting.)
Meeting Frequency and Times
- The Environment and Stacks working group meets each Thursday in the #fedora-meeting-2 channel, announced no later than 24 hours before a meeting on the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list.
- If there is no agenda posted to the mailing list within 24 hours before a meeting is set to start, the meeting is canceled and the group leader / FESCo liaison will send out a cancellation notice to the mailing list.
- The regularly scheduled meetings are at 12:00 UTC on odd weeks and at 17:00 UTC on even weeks.
- In the case when a voting member can not make a meeting where a vote is scheduled to happen, they can either pre-vote via the mailing list or abstain-by-default.
- After meetings, meeting minutes will be sent to email@example.com mailing list.
- Product Requirements Document
- accepted by FESCo and Board
- few comments from members of both committees were included
Tasklist/How to get involved/Contact Us
Which features were started, where is help needed can be found here: Tasklist
If you have a task that you would like us to look into, or just a cool idea then please contact us either via our firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list or on #fedora-stacks on freenode.
Commands for chairing a meeting
#startmeeting Env and Stacks (YYYY-MM-DD) #meetingname env-and-stacks #chair bkabrda hhorak juhp ncoghlan vpavlin jkaluza walters ttomecek phracek #topic init process ... #topic ... ... #endmeeting
Don't forget to use
#action or other commands often for better meeting minutes. Introduction might be done by