G11N/Meetup Flock 2016
From the speakers list, we can see few members involved in G11N are planning to attend Flock. This is good chance to meetup and plan activities for coming years (remember to read what was done during F24 cycle).
Planning important activities for upcoming Fedora releases and prioritization.
G11N at Flock 2016
- August 2 • 10:00 - 10:50 - Localization (G11N) - "How you can help us get Fedora to the world?"
- August 2 • 14:30 - 15:20 - Zanata - translation platform
- August 2 • 16:30 - 17:20 - Globalization audit of Fedora Atomic
- August 3 • 11:00 - 11:50 - Globalization in Free Software Communities
- August 3 • 15:30 - 16:20 - Fedora Localization QA & Community
- Pravin Satpute
- Alex Eng
- Jens Petersen
- Mike Fabian
- Jean-Baptiste Holcroft
- Noriko Mizumoto
- Patrick Uiterwijk
- Fabio Alessandro Locati
- Jona Azizaj
- Zoltan Hoppar
- Gabriele Trombini
- Sirko Kemter
- Rafal Luzynski
Date: 04 Aug 2016
Venue: Visit Flock schedule
|3:30 PM - 4:30 PM||Globalization||Everyone|
|4:30 PM - 5:00 PM||I18N||Everyone|
|5:00 PM - 5:30 PM||L10N||Everyone|
- G11N Structure proposal acceptance voting?
- G11N FAD supported by Ambassador team?
- G11N SWAG/T-shirts.
- Infra: FAS group(s), one granting a right for vote in election (mandatory and auto-subscription), one granting a right for edit wiki (optional?)
- Fedora 25 features
- Atomic, Modularity where do we stand?
- Things to concentrate for Fedora 26 from flock-16
- Groups, languages, process, how to simplify ? (rewrite some wiki pages and make sure whatcanidoforfedora is consistent)
- Languages coordination, where are we yet ?
- Existing and needed tools (AppData, quality insurance, string monitoring, po files, Zanata)
- Community management (how to find and encourage FAD, events, objectives, projects)
* Meet with Docs team
- How does the new system works ? (see Tummala Dhanvi's Blog)
- What do we do with the current translations ? will they be migrated ? Can we start with install guide ? (it's 100% in french and we can't publish it because of publican issues on pdf)
(discussed at docs workshop held AM)
- Meet with Website team
- When can we translate Fedora-Developper ?
- When can we translate Fedora-Hubs ?
- Can we have statistics about most used languages and most wanted ?
- Meet with Infra team
- Discuss possibilities - need CLA+1 to edit wiki (contributors need to be at least in one FAS group to be able to edit wiki, we currently only use cvsl10n)