|Caius C. Chance|
|IRC channels:||#fedora-ambassadors, #fedora-design, #fedora-mentors, #fedora-zh|
Caius 'kaio' Chance
My name is Caius Chance (kaio). I born in Hong Kong and moved to Brisbane, Australia for high education. I settled down after my graduation and worked as software engineer. My first computer was a 8086 PC with 5.25" floppy storage and monochrome CRT monitor my cousin passed to me after replacement of his PC. I am a computer lover (and gamer of course) since then.
I like doing digital paintings, learning foreign languages and playing basketball. I found DIY so attractive when I had home improvements carried out by myself. I am busy for my SOHO (Small Office/Home Office) business and my "Small Business Management" course at the moment.
You can find me via IRC, Google Talk, email. I will be available 0200 - 1400 (UTC) and reply your email within 24 hours in most cases.
Activities within Fedora
I installed Red Hat Linux 6.1 + CLE 0.9  in 1999. Linux remained for testing or academic use until I started using Fedora as my main operating system since Fedora Core 5 released in 2006.
Fedora Ambassadors (and Fedora Chinese User Group)
I became the vice-chairman of Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee for 2011 , Fedora Ambassador Mentor since 2010, Fedora Ambassador since 2009. I joined Fedora Chinese in 2006. I participated in establishment of the group, organization of IRC meetings, deployment of forum and migration to official mailing list. I aim to catalyze the popularity growth of Fedora by utilization of my skills.
I had paid attention to the news from The Design Team since 2006. I like having fun with aesthetic creation. So, I promise will spend more time on art ASAP. :P
Fedora Internationalization (and Bug Zappers, Package Maintainers)
I became a developer for Fedora Internationalization since 2006 for work purpose. I participate in development of input method engines (SCIM , IBus ), fonts (Liberation Fonts, CJKUnifonts ) and translation management system (Flies ). I also maintained the packages of aforementioned projects and a few more.
I am language maintainer for Chinese (Traditional) in Fedora Localization since 2007. I have not translated many documents, though being the first contact of support for translators and those who are interested. Most of the document and software localization had been performed by people with professional skills. Hence, I mostly work on organisational information on wiki which breaks language barriers in front of new comers.
Plans for Fedora 2011
Here are my personal Fedora goals in 2011. Daily tasks of my various Fedora roles are not included for readability:
I will collaborate in..
- Organization of Linux Conference Australia (LCA) 2011 and Fedora Activity Day (FAD) at Brisbane 2011
- Processing funding/reimbursement requests from ambassadors
- Renovation of Fedora Chinese User Group (FZUG) forum and wiki pages
- Distribution of media in Australia and New Zealand
- Organization of Fedora Users and Developers Conference (FUDCon) Asia Pacific 2011
- Translation of organisational information into Traditional Chinese
- Promotion among education institutions in Australia and New Zealand
- Recruitment and mentoring of ambassadors in Asia Pacific
- Design of mascot
- Development of software related to my production environment
Professional Qualifications or Skills
- Red Hat Certified Engineer 
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer 
- Cisco Certified Network Associate 
- Certified ScrumMaster 
- Bachelor of Information Technology 
- Diploma of Information Technology 
General Qualifications or Skills
- Art and design 
- English language 
- Japanese language 
- Mandarin (Chinese) language 
- Cantonese (Chinese) language 
- Justice of the Peace 
- Do it yourself - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Small office/home office - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Linux中文延伸套件計劃 - 維基百科，自由的百科全書
- SCIM - SCIM
- ibus - Project Hosting on Google Code
- freedesktop.org - Software/CJKUnifonts
- flies - Project Hosting on Google Code
- Fedora Chinese User Group Forum - 中文用戶組論壇 - 中文社群論壇
- SMART criteria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- redhat.com | Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- MCSE Certification | MCSE Training | Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- CCNA - Career Certifications & Paths - Cisco Systems
- Scrum Alliance - CSM
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Diploma of Information Technology
- My online gallary (deviantART)
- International English Language Testing System
- Japanese-Language Proficiency Test
- Standard Mandarin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Cantonese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Justices of the Peace - Department of Justice and Attorney-General