From Fedora Project Wiki
Fedora CommOps Team Meeting Minutes 2016-06-28
- 2016-06-28 16:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
This week's CommOps Meeting will be led by jflory7.
- The participants will be posted after the meeting.
- To help improve the flow of the meeting, using the IRC Meeting Protocol is encouraged, as modeled by the EMEA Ambassadors.
- Please follow the Meeting Protocol where possible.
- #startmeeting Fedora CommOps (2016-06-28)
- #meetingname commops
- #nick commops
- #chair <given to approved members of FAS group at meeting>
- #topic Agenda
- #link https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:CommOps_2016-06-28
- #info (1) Roll Call / Q&A
- #info (2) Announcements
- #info (3) Action items from last meeting
- #info (4) Tickets
- #info (5) Wiki Gardening
- #info (6) Community Blog
- #info (7) Release Schedule
- #info (8) Open Floor
- #topic Roll Call / Q&A
- #info Name; Timezone; Sub-projects/Interest Areas
- If this is your first time at a CommOps meeting, feel free to introduce yourself to everyone and say hello! If anyone has any questions before we get started with the rest of the agenda, now is also a good time to ask.
- #topic Announcements
- #info === "Friends. Features. Freedom. First. Forever." ===
- #link https://firstname.lastname@example.org/thread/CG5JS4DQ3G2TVA5YZX7LBOSXVNCUPTIB/
- #info On Friday, decause announced on the mailing list that he will be leaving his position at Red Hat to become the Open Source Campaign Manager for a candidate in the US elections. We wish decause well in his future endeavors and will always be happy to see him in Fedora whenever he has the time to stop by. For the time being, the Fedora Community Lead position will remain open.
- #info === "Behind the new Fedora Developer Portal" ===
- #link https://fedoramagazine.org/behind-new-fedora-developer-portal/
- #info The Developer Portal for developers using Fedora or wanting to contribute to Fedora has had some new changes. Read up on what's new in the Developer Portal and a little bit of background behind its inception in the Fedora Magazine article.
- #info === Google Summer of Code midterm evaluations ended ===
- #link https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/how-it-works/
- #info Google Summer of Code 2016 midterm evaluations ended yesterday. Students received a pass/fail rating from their mentor(s) on their project status so far and are moving on the final period of their project proposals. Students, make sure to reach out on the mailing lists, communicate with blog posts, and participate in IRC discussions for the final phase of your projects!
- #info === "Friends. Features. Freedom. First. Forever." ===
- #topic Action items from last meeting
- #link https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2016-06-21/commops.2016-06-21-15.57.html
- #info How This Works: We look at past #action items from the last meeting for quick follow-up. If a task is completed, we move on to the next one. If it isn't, we get an update and re-action it if needed. If no status, we'll try to get a quick update and move forward.
- #info === [CHANGED] decause review the vFAD goals / objectives / etc. ===
- #action jflory7 Move forward with making final plans for vFAD or reconsider plans for Flock workshop (???)
- #info === [CHANGED] decause nail down Flock arrangements and add to fedocal ===
- #info === [INCOMPLETE] jflory7 Open a ticket to look into drafting an (automated?) check-in email with members of CommOps to determine activity ===
- #action jflory7 jflory7 Open a ticket to look into drafting an (automated?) check-in email with members of CommOps to determine activity
- #info === [INCOMPLETE] decause Drop a line to the devel list to have anyone going to Red Hat Summit add their info to the wiki page ===
- #info Red Hat Summit happening now.
- #info === [INCOMPLETE] jflory7 Write up an initial draft of a wiki page outlining the process for Ambassadors specifically to request assets from the Design Team, include plans to reach out to regional Ambassadors from all regions with this information later ===
- #action jflory7 Write up an initial draft of a wiki page outlining the process for Ambassadors specifically to request assets from the Design Team, include plans to reach out to regional Ambassadors from all regions with this information later
- #info === [IN PROGRESS] jflory7 Get on top of editing this week and schedule some of these articles for this / next week, reply back to authors waiting for a response ===
- #action jflory7 Get on top of editing this week and schedule some of these articles for this / next week, reply back to authors waiting for a response
- #info === [COMPLETE] jflory7 Create a placeholder article for F22 EoL article in CommBlog so we keep on the agenda ===
- #info === [COMPLETE] jflory7 Prepare the hack session ticket and CC dhanesh95 so he gets context to what they are for a CommBlog article ===
- #topic Tickets
- #link https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-commops/report/9
- #info === Ticket #10 ===
- #info "CommOps vFAD 2016"
- #link https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-commops/ticket/10
- #link https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD_CommOps_2016
- We agreed for the vFAD to be July 3 - 4, but organizing this now may have some unexpected challenges with the decause's departure. I was trying to think about the vFAD in relation to the CommOps workshop at Flock, but I'm wondering now if it might be better to change focus on the CommOps workshop since it no longer has a lead (and I don't know if I want to see it slip off the schedule). :) Maybe it would be better to refocus efforts for planning for our Flock workshop? Thoughts?
- #info === Tickets #34, 57 ===
- #info #39: "[Onboarding Series] [MASTER TICKET] Creating sub-project on-boarding badge series"
- #info #49: "[Onboarding Series] CommOps!"
- #link https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-commops/ticket/34
- #link https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-commops/ticket/57
- #info CommOps Team Onboarding Steps > Badges Team Missing Badges > Hubs Team Badges Tracks and Widgets
- #link https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-badges/ticket/464
- Once artwork is designed for Fedora Badges Ticket #464, our corresponding ticket for Ticket #57 should be able to be closed. For now, we can adjust focus to another subproject / team that was on our list, like Infrastructure or Modularity.
- #info === Ticket #71 ===
- #info "Centralizing Ambassadors / Events resources and utilities"
- #link https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-commops/ticket/71
- SKIP: This ticket will be skipped in the meeting for now until jflory7 has a chance to complete his previous action for creating the wiki page breaking down the process in the short-term between Ambassadors and the Design Team.
- #topic Wiki Gardening
- #action commops New members, make sure you add your timezone / interests on CommOps wiki [ https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CommOps ]
- #topic Community Blog
- #info How This Works: There is a quick blast of information about what was published in the past week with some metrics, followed by posts that are being drafted. After the information blast, the floor is opened for any Community Blog-related discussion. Here we go!
- #info === This Week in CommBlog ===
- #info No new posts published this week!
- #info === Coming Up in CommBlog ===
- #info (1) "Southeast Linux Fest 2016"
- #info (2) "Hosting your own Fedora Test Day"
- #info (3) "Fedora 22: End Of Life, 2016 July 19"
- #info (4) "Getting started with 'update-testing' Fedora QA part 2"
- #info (5) "Getting started with Fedora QA part 3"
- #topic Release Schedule
- #topic Open Floor
Meeting summary and action items
Full meeting log
- 2016-07-05 16:00 UTC in #fedora-meeting