Fedora Marketing Team Meeting Minutes 2016-06-01
- 2016-06-01 21:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting-1 on freenode
This week's Marketing Meeting will be led by jflory7.
- The participants will be posted after the meeting.
- To help improve the flow of the meeting, using the IRC Meeting Protocol is encouraged, as modeled by the EMEA Ambassadors.
- Please follow the Meeting Protocol where possible.
- #startmeeting Fedora Marketing meeting (2016-06-01)
- #meetingname marketing
- #chair < based on attendance >
- #topic Roll Call
- #info Name; Timezone; Other sub-projects / interest areas
- #topic Announcements
- #info === "Fedora <3's PyCon 2016" ===
- #link https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/fedora-loves-pycon-2016/
- #link https://us.pycon.org/2016/
- #info PyCon US 2016 is this week, and many members of the Fedora contributor community can be found there this week. There will be Fedora sprints coming up later on in the week, so stay tuned for any news from the team there. If you're at PyCon, stop by the Fedora table and say hello (and check out some of those awesome Python brochures)!
- #info === "Fedora <3's PyCon 2016" ===
- #topic Action items from last meetings
- #link https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2016-05-25/marketing.2016-05-25-20.55.html
- #info === [COMPLETE] jflory7 Open discussion on Marketing mailing list about needs for password storage and distribution to pass on to Infrastructure team based on feedback from Infra team about what we need ===
- #link ???
- #info === [COMPLETE] decause Visit Docs Team Office Hours about finding ways to improve the Marketing task pipeline ===
- #info decause and jflory7 stopped by for a bit to check in with the team and generate some ideas, more info to come.
- #info === [IN PROGRESS] decause open a ticket on council track for Python Marketing Objective request ===
- #action decause Open a ticket on Council Trac for Python Marketing Objective request
- #info === [COMPLETE] jflory7 Add ideas to the Marketing ticket about announcement from meeting ===
- #info === [COMPLETE] jzb Post to the Marketing mailing list to get some more eyes on this ticket and the F24 story ===
- #info === [COMPLETE] jflory7 Update ticket #222 with ideas from meeting ===
- #info === [COMPLETE] mailga Send a mail to the Marketing list 2016-05-26 about jflory7's nomination for the FOSCo Marketing seat ===
- #topic Tickets
- #link https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/report/12
- #info === Ticket #222 ===
- #link https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/ticket/222
- #info "Publicizing "Fedora affiliates" (or groups using Fedora)"
- What will the next steps be towards finalizing this? Do we want to create finalized wiki pages for the program? Is it too soon to begin requesting a website for this? Where should we proceed to begin tying the knot on this?
- #info === Ticket #225 ===
- #link https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/ticket/225
- #info "Transition to FOSCo - Nomination of the marketing coordinator"
- Motion to remove the ticket from the meeting agenda for the time being? No further action can be made on this ticket for now.
- #info === Ticket #226 ===
- #link https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/ticket/226
- #info "Screenshots for Fedora 24"
- For now, we're mainly looking for a volunteer for someone who can take screenshots of various desktop(s) or features in F24. Is anyone in the meeting want to try grabbing screenshots of some parts of F24? If not, we should probably reach out to the mailing list.
- #info === Ticket #227 ===
- #link https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/ticket/227
- #info "Create the release announcement for Fedora 24"
- May be difficult to tackle this ticket if jzb / decause / mattdm are not around. Next steps would be to get feedback on the release announcement from decause and mattdm (as discussed last week).
- #topic Upcoming Tasks
- #link https://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule/f-24/f-24-marketing-tasks.html
- #info (1) Marketing: Final Screen Shots (starting: Tuesday, 2016-05-24)
- #info (2) Create GA Announcement (Docs & Marketing) (starting: Tuesday, 2016-05-31)
- #info (3) Fedora 24 Final Release Readiness Meeting (Thursday, 2016-06-09)
- #topic Open Floor