Fedora Marketing Team Meeting Minutes 2016-07-27
- 2016-07-27 21:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting-1 on freenode
This week's Marketing Meeting will be led by jflory7.
- The participants will be posted after the meeting.
- To help improve the flow of the meeting, using the IRC Meeting Protocol is encouraged, as modeled by the EMEA Ambassadors.
- Please follow the Meeting Protocol where possible.
- #startmeeting Fedora Marketing meeting (2016-07-27)
- #meetingname marketing
- #chair < based on attendance >
- #topic Agenda
- #topic Roll Call
- #info Name; Timezone; Other sub-projects / interest areas
- #topic Announcements
- #info === Flock 2016 begins next week ===
- #info === "July 2016 Elections - Result announcement" ===
- #link https://firstname.lastname@example.org/thread/5CNNSJT5JGJFSH7PZNGXSMFET4HFUUDB/
- #link https://email@example.com/thread/U4LYT24W53L4EE3CT7AKJAF2THPPY2CT/
- #info The elections for FESCo and Fedora Council, July 2016, have concluded, and the results are available in the above two email threads. Congratulations to all winning candidates and thanks all candidates for running!
- #topic Action items from last meetings
- #link https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2016-07-20/marketing.2016-07-20-20.59.html
- #info How This Works: We look at past #action items from the last meeting for quick follow-up. If a task is completed, we move on to the next one. If it isn't, we get an update and re-action it if needed. If no status, we'll try to get a quick update and move forward.
- #info === [COMPLETE] jflory7 Create a new ticket for F25 Talking Points, make mention of pushing deadline, using Flock as place to gather info / ideas ===
- #info === [COMPLETE] bkp Do some research into pass and help put together a draft for managing the passwords, share in ticket ===
- #info === [COMPLETE] x3mboy File a ticket in the Marketing Trac to keep on top of ideas for a PDF / downloadable version of Magazine articles ===
- #info === [COMPLETE] jflory7 File a ticket for creating more low-hanging fruit tasks and start a list of some tasks that could be good for this ===
- #topic Tickets
- #link https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/report/12
- #info === Ticket #229 ===
- #link https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/ticket/229
- #info "Shared, secure password distribution"
- bkp added his notes and proposed action items to the ticket with regards to planning out how this will work. If we agree on the approach, we should try to solicit a little more feedback from those who already have social media credentials and then move it to a formal proposal to Fedora Infrastructure team.
- #info === Ticket #231 ===
- #link https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/ticket/231
- #info "Create Fedora 25 talking points"
- It's time to begin thinking about talking points for the upcoming Fedora release. Last week, we discussed aiming to gather the needed info at Flock and generating them after the event. It would be helpful to know who from Marketing will be attending Flock for comparing notes later on. Additionally, it will also be necessary for people to reach out to specific working groups or SIGs for getting more info too.
- #topic Upcoming Tasks
- #link https://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule/f-25/f-25-marketing-tasks.html
- #info (1) Create Talking Points (due: Tue 2016-08-09)
- #info (2) Email WGs to solicit bullet points for Alpha release announcement (due: Fri 2016-08-12)
- #info (3) Fedora 25 Alpha Release Readiness Meeting (due: Thu 2016-08-18)
- #info (4) Create Alpha Announcement (Docs & Marketing) (due: Mon 2016-08-22)
- #topic Open Floor
- Cancel next week's meeting due to Flock?