This will be a social event to meet other Fedora users and people curious about Fedora from Novi Sad and Serbia in general, and check out the cool features of the new Fedora 31 release. It will also serve as an opportunity for people to find out what Fedora and free software in general is all about and ask questions of people already involved in the community. It is also a opportunity for students of Department of Mathematics and Informatics of Faculty of Science in Novi Sad to learn about Fedora and open-source principles and how can they get involved with FOSS/Fedora.
- 15th December 2019 - 12:00h (noon)
Department of Mathematics and Informatics
Faculty of Sciences
University of Novi Sad
Trg Dositeja Obradovića 3
21000 Novi Sad
- Installation media (CD/USB) should be available to those that would like to get Fedora or upgrade to Fedora 31.
- A couple of presentations
- Quiz with Fedora awards!
- Socializing with other Fedora enthusiasts over lunch and snacks.
- Q & A session
- Field trip to the new Fedora powered classroom - https://fedoramagazine.org/fedora-computer-lab-university/
dr Danijela Tešendić, associate professor at the Faculty of Sciences
Nataša Sukur, teaching assistant at the Faculty of Sciences
dr Doni Pracner, assistant professor at the Faculty of Sciences
Ambassadors at the event
- 12:00 - Welcome
- 12:00 - 12:30 "What's new in Fedora 31?" - Nemanja Milosevic
- 12:30 - 13:00 "Un(Secure) Boot" - Ivan Pribela
- 13:00 - 13:30 Coffee/Snacks break
- 13:30 - 13:50 "Ain't Nobody Got Time for Binary Files!" - Doni Pracner
- 13:50 - 14:10 "Dig Your Own Tunnel!" - Nemanja Milosevic
- 14:10 - 14:30 Coffee/Snacks break
- 14:30 - 15:00 Fedora quiz - Natasa Sukur and Doni Pracner
- 15:00 - Fedora/Linux Q&A