There are a few issues that are known in test4:
- The KDE-LiveCD is only in english. That's a problem due to the limited space on the cd. This means no kde-i18n-* and koffice-langpack-*.
- gdm is used instead of kdm (kdm is broken atm and lacking support for ConsoleKit)
- knetworkmanager is not included in test4. This was a mistake.
- After installation the default kde splash is not echo (#233881 : this is workarounded on the livecd)
- After installation the kicker icons for browser and email are not working (would be fixed in #230023 or in kickerrc itself). On the livecd it is workarounded.
- the services "readahead_early" and "readahead_later" are enabled - on the gnome cd they are disabled. (they change on the gnome cd come to late to fix this for the kde cd.)
- on laptops there are two icons for powersaving: one from klaptop and one from kpowersave (#237654 ). klaptop will be packaged in a subpackage soon.
Some notes of what aspects should be tested:
- Are all programs usable on the livecd?
- Is installation working?
- Is gdm usable?
- Are there some essential packages missing?
- Lisa is enabled. Is it working on a livecd or should it be disabled?
Please keep in mind that the livecd is also used for installing Fedora 7.