This page details my proposal for the Fedora Medical GSoC project
All relevant contact information can be found on my user page.
- Inclusion of packages to the fedora repos.
- Easy installation of packages using the default package manager (yum/packagekit).
- In the long run : A fedora medical spin with all of the important packages included.
- Start by checking the current status of the review queue
- Package the more important applications first.
- Packaging implies the following:
- Make an rpm package (I'll do this)
- Submit a review request (I'll do this)
- Approve package (A reviewer needs to do this : takes maximum time)
- Add package to comps (I'll do this)
- Easily installable PACS and DICOM viewers are higher priority.
- Instead of submitting one review per week, in sequence, I'll submit many in parallel in a period over 2-3 weeks. This way, we won't need to wait on one package before diving into another.
- I will have maximum time to work on this during May, the whole of June, July. End of July and August will be just a little restricted.
This will be discussed with my mentor and edited as required.
|Start date||End date||Goal||Details||Comments||Status|
|May 23||May 30||Adding package wishlists to bugzilla : Check up, update and review currently open review requests||bugs : gnumed server, rhbug:573910, rhbug:539387, elastix, praat, ledgersmb, InsightApplications, vxl, InsightToolkit, (others?)||Start with housekeeping. This would also give us a good idea of the current status of packages|
|May 31||June 15||Begin packaging PACS and DICOM software from the Medical_Imaging page||dcm4che and ginkocadx (Initially, it was decided to package mayam, but dcm4che contains more than just that apparently and needs looking into.)||https://fedorahosted.org/pipermail/medical-sig/2011-March/000128.html.|
|June 16||June 23||Package conquest, cmedic and ANTS||Also complete git processes of previous weeks packages. Push to testing, (bribe some testers to quickly push to stable? :P)||These are the last PACS/DICOM softwares remaining on the list|
|June 24||July 1||Practitioner_workflow packaging||Package oemr, freemedforms, openhre, aeskulap||Also look for other software to fill in current voids|
|July 2||July 9||Dental_software packaging (phase 1)||Package opendental, openmolar, and the others present in the list.||(There are a total 7, two days for each?)|
|July 10||July 15||Mid term evaluations||We'll need some time to prepare the mid term reports and submit them to google|
|July 15||July 26||Dental_software packaging (phase 2)||Task before the submission to be continued.|
|July 27||August 3||Complete any pending packages||Space to cover up delays||Since delays are inevitable, use this week to make sure all packages on the TODO list before this are complete|
|August 4||August 14||All packages complete. Coding tasks begin.|
|August 15||August 22||"Pencils down" state. All packages/coding tasks will be complete by this date. Preparation of final report begins|
Relevant timeline dates for GSoC can be found here