Fedora Ambassador Day EMEA 2008
The FAD 2008 is an event intended to plan the ambassadors' activities in 2009 and to have some fun together.
- Friday, 2008-11-14 to Sunday, 2008-11-16
- Detailed schedule
- City: Basel, Switzerland
- Airport: EuroAirport Basel Mulhouse Freiburg (BSL)
- Train station: Basel SBB
Basel was chosen by MaxSpevack and SandroMathys after weighing various options, including travel distance and time for people all over Europe. We recognize that some people who want to attend may need travel sponsorship, and MaxSpevack will make sure that we have some budget set aside for that. Please contact him with questions. It was a difficult decision and the votes were split, but we did what we thought was best overall.
- Hotel (with sleeping and working rooms) to be dated in August.
- We'll most probably get double/triple rooms for everyone, without exceptions.
- We'll try to get bedrooms with a shower/toilet.
Ride Sharing / Car Pooling
People who drive to the FAD by car or get to the airport by car and have some free seats available are asked to help others to get to the FAD. Please add below how many seats you have available, where you start the journey and where you could possibly pick up folks.
|Driver||Seats available||Starting point||Destination||Possible pick up points|
|Henrik Heigl||1-2||Pirmasens||Basel||all the lane down, Flughafen ZW, maybe France|
|Joerg Simon||3||Stuttgart||Basel||Stuttgart, Strasbourg, and so on|
|Peter Reuschlein||3||Stuttgart||Basel||TBB, Stuttgart|
People who'd like to join one of the drivers above, please ask the driver if he's still got a free seat and where he could pick you up. If you both agree on the terms (e.g. time, location, cost sharing, etc.) add yourself to the list below in order for other people to see which driver still has free seats available.
|Driver||Passenger||Pick up point|
|Joerg Simon||Robert Scheck||Stuttgart|
|Peter Reuschlein||Marco Ziesing||Stuttgart|
Now that we have a location, please indicate whether or not you will be able to attend. Please add a note if you have no choice but to arrive later/leave earlier (i.e. are not there on Friday and/or Sunday) or can't attend the dinner on Friday evening.
- Sandro Mathys (Contact him for organizational questions, remarks and rants)
- MaxSpevack (Contact him for budget questions, e.g. if you need help with your travel costs)
- Sandro Mathys
- FabianAffolter (I will arrive late on Friday...depends on my schedule at the UAS)
- Henrik Heigl
- Marco Ziesing
- Jens Kuehnel
- AntonArapov (much prefer Stuttgart :) )
- Robert M. Albrecht (only in Amsterdam, traveling to Basel is too expensive)
- Christoph Wickert (if possible, depends on time and location)
- ThomasCanniot (if possible time / money / new employer favour thing)
- ChristosBacharakis (depends on personal budget)
- Jeroen van Meeuwen
- LucaFoppiano (maybe)
- PierreYvesChibon (If possible according time/money)
Feel free to add important topics to the list. But keep in mind, that we're very limited in time!
- Status update for FOSDEM 2009.
- Planning the Fedora EMEA priorities for March 2009 - February 2010, to coincide with Red Hat's budget year.
- What do we want to focus on in addition to events?
- What do we need from Red Hat?
- What can we do (longtime Planing)?
- What are the biggest problems Fedora faces in EMEA?
- How are our smaller communities doing?
- Keysigning ?
- CAcert Assurances? Henrik Heigl will bring CAP-Forms.
Feel free to add your own ideas. Please note, that we most probably won't make this decision public before the FAD has begun - see it as a little surprise. We might or might not take anything that was suggested here. But your ideas are a great help for brainstorming, anyway.
- Augusta Raurica (old Roman city) -- red
- Feldschloesschen Brewery, which is inside a very nice castle -- red
- Eat some local food speciality on Saturday for dinner -- GeroldKa / red
- MaxSpevack has indicated that he can provide at least 500 EUR budget for this event. As we get closer, the number may go up. Budget will be used for travel subsidies, lodging subsidies, food, and some fun event.