Fedora Weekly News: Beats
The weekly news are separated into beats. A beat, derived from newspaper and laboratory usage, is the act of reporting news or research results; or a round or course which is frequently gone over, by a newspaper reporter.
These are the pages where the weekly news beats are written. Content here may be derived from bugzilla reports, blog posts and mailing list discussions.
|FWN/Beats/Welcome||Pascal Calarco or Adam Williamson||incomplete|
|FWN/Beats/Marketing||Chaitanya Mehandru||NOT HAPPENING|
|FWN/Beats/Developments||Beat writer opportunity|
|FWN/Beats/AdvisoryBoard||Michael Larabel||NOT HAPPENING|
|FWN/Beats/Infrastructure||Huzaifa Sidhpurwala||NOT HAPPENING|
|FWN/Beats/Comics||Beat writer opportunity|
|FWN/Beats/DailyPackage||Chris Tyler||NOT HAPPENING|
|FWN/Beats/SecurityWeek||Josh Bressers||NOT HAPPENING|
|FWN/Beats/OLPC||Beat writer opportunity|
|FWN/Beats/AskFedora||Rahul Sundaram||NOT HAPPENING|
If you are interested in contributing to Fedora Weekly News see the Join page.
- Read the information sources for your beat. Usually, this will be a team's mailing list archives and meeting logs.
- Decide what are the 1-5 important things that have happened in your beat's area of focus during the past week that everyone in the Fedora community should know.
- Write up a summary of those important things in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Beats/the-name-of-your-beat (look at the table above for a list of current beats). Looking at the pages for other beats should give you an idea of formatting, writing style, length, and how to link in references.
- Edit the table in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Beats so that the entry for the section you just wrote reads "COMPLETE" instead of "incomplete."
- Email the fedora-news-list (http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-news-list) and let us all know you're done.
If you have any questions, ask on the fedora-news-list.