(→加入 Fedora 市场营销团队)
|Line 35:||Line 35:|
=== Mailing List ===
=== Mailing List ===
=== Contributors ===
=== Contributors ===
Revision as of 04:20, 10 August 2012
|How to contact the Marketing team|
| Mailing list: marketing
Visit this link to sign up for the email list for the Marketing team.
| Chat: |
This is where real-time chat with Marketing team members happens.
The short version: The Fedora Marketing Team ensures that people in Fedora can consistently explain to everyone what Fedora is, why the project can help them, and how they can help the project.
Slightly longer version: The Fedora Marketing Team develops and executes marketing strategies to promote the usage and support of Fedora worldwide. Through the development of processes and content, this project aims to support the efforts of other Fedora projects to spread Fedora and to provide a central repository of ideas and information that can be used to deliver Fedora to new audiences. We work closely with the Fedora Ambassadors who spread the word about Fedora at events and allow the Fedora Project to interact directly with its existing and prospective users.
Fedora operates on a time based release schedule. So does Fedora Marketing. We go through several successive phases during each 6-month release cycle, and every phase has different milestones and tasks that you can help with. Check out /Schedule to see where we are and what you can help with right now.
Here are some of the aspects on which you can work by joining the Fedora marketing group:
- Help spread news on all major development updates, releases, new projects and events related to Fedora. Consider picking one or two stories and alerting the press about it.
- Solicit Linux User Groups members to use and contribute to Fedora.
- Dispel common myths and educate the public about Fedora.
- Educate yourself on what marketing is, and apply marketing strategies in the promotion of Fedora.
加入 Fedora 市场营销团队
欲了解如何加入我们，请访问 加入 页面。
目前我们的 IRC 会议 已在2012年八月重新启动。敬请关注。
The contributors page lists active Fedora Marketing contributors.
How are we doing?
We're beginning to think about how to tell how well we're doing as a Team. So far, we have the Marketing team community health dashboard - but we could also use some help thinking about this area as well. Let us know your ideas!
Resources you can use for marketing purposes
These resources will help you take Fedora to the people:
- Fedora Overview
- Talking points
- Fedora press material
- Fedora press archive
- Fedora presentations
- Fedora flyers
- Fedora banners from the Design team
- Fedora T-Shirts, stickers, userbars, buttons and posters designs from the Design team
- Fedora statistics poster
- Social Networks
- Link tracking for generating URLs that can be tracked non-invasively from logs
- Marketing/MarketingPlan - slightly outdated, but strategic ideas on Fedora Marketing.
- Follow us on identi.ca and twitter! (Also you can follow Planet Fedora on both identi.ca and twitter.)
- Communication matrix
- For the more PR-oriented, a News Media Howto and the Fedora News Distribution Network.
For walkthroughs on common Marketing-related tasks, see Category:Marketing SOPs - feel free to add your own!
Marketing/Archive#Old Projects 清单列出了所有过去的项目。
The Marketing team is responsible for producing marketing release deliverables for each Fedora release. Our team's deliverables are focused on the Desktop Spin; we also provide resources to help other groups within Fedora make similar marketing deliverables for their projects.
Our work in progress on Desktop Spin deliverables for the current release, as well as the marketing release deliverables for all current actively supported Fedora releases (the prior 2 releases), can be found in the table below.
For more information on each deliverable type, including instructions on how to make them (Standard Operating Procedures, or SOPs) and non-Desktop-Spin variants produced by other teams for each release, click on the name of the deliverable in the table below.
- Briefing Ambassadors
- coordinating PR
- Monitoring PR/news from the release
- Fedora news distribution network (FNDN)
- sending out beta release announcements
- send out Release Informations to the press
- old articles for archive (research todo)
- Fedora 12 press archive
- Fedora 13 press archive
- Fedora 14 press archive
- The F31 marketing schedule contains the official agenda of the Fedora Marketing project including the task list.
- The Marketing brain dump is our sandbox for new ideas, thoughts, and future Marketing goals.